Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Early/Lasting

CARDS:
P11 - Long Ranger
S03 - 1-On-1 Finish

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Scoring - 1-On-1 Scoring - Middle Shooting

Attack/Defence Awareness: Attack-Minded

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:17 pm

finally! I was already thinking about starting a research to make this player, but now I can save work :v. Thank you for the work you did.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 pm

a 72res centre-forward as good as him looks a bit odd, was he THAT disconnected from the game?

Edit: typo

Last edited by lizurka on Sat May 20, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 19, 2023 8:10 pm

lizurka wrote:
a 72 centre-forward as good as him looks a bit odd, was he THAT disconnected from the game?

What do you mean "a 72"?

Fri May 19, 2023 8:27 pm

I imagine he means RES, in which case it’s probably to try and replicate the tactical primitivism of Chinese football in that era, since I can’t imagine he was playing against any properly organised defences. Considering the level of opposition, he could probably just shoot every time he touched the ball and still be the most threatening player in Asia at the time.

Nakayama always played around with these experimental stats though, IMO there’s no problem with it considering the impossibility of comparing this guy to players in other countries or eras, he might as well have been playing a different sport. The only similarity to today’s football is that he ran, jumped and kicked the ball, and that’s pretty well reflected here.

Fri May 19, 2023 8:46 pm

It's not impossible to compare Lee to his contemporaries. He played in Europe at the '36 Olympics, and made no noticeable impact against a British amateur side. I'd like to contrast this with another Asian great, Kunishige Kamamoto, who also never played in Europe, but made a huge impression in his one Olympic tournament in '68. If a player doesn't stand out against amateurs, it's pretty safe to assume he wouldn't have made it in any of the English top divisions. Lee's role as an all-time great is complete fantasy and these stats ridiculously inflated.

Sat May 20, 2023 5:27 pm

ariaga wrote:
It's not impossible to compare Lee to his contemporaries. He played in Europe at the '36 Olympics, and made no noticeable impact against a British amateur side. I'd like to contrast this with another Asian great, Kunishige Kamamoto, who also never played in Europe, but made a huge impression in his one Olympic tournament in '68. If a player doesn't stand out against amateurs, it's pretty safe to assume he wouldn't have made it in any of the English top divisions. Lee's role as an all-time great is complete fantasy and these stats ridiculously inflated.

I must say that ATT and SA may look high. However, take in mind that China had to play 27 friendlies in a short amount of time before the Olympics to fundraise the travel to Germany. Therefore, the team was way too tired to do well enough against any opponent. Nonetheless, teams like Arsenal and Red Star ─ that were among the most important teams in their respective country ─ had an interest in signing him. At the end, Lee only played a friendly match against Arsenal, losing 3-2 and scoring both goals. The English team was surprised to see that the Chinese players could play football quite well. Also, you're comparing him to Kamamoto who played three decades later, which isn't a short time span, especially for old football.

Sat May 20, 2023 5:49 pm

Hi, I have a question: this image is Lee Wai Tong or another person Chia Yu Liang? Image He is Chia Yu-Liang.

ImageHe is Lee Wai Tong.

Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]