It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Tommaso MAESTRELLI 1945-1951 

Name: Tommaso Maestrelli

Clubs: A.S. Bari (1945-1948), A.S. Roma (1948-1951)
Position: *DMF, AMF, CMF, CB
Side: RF/BS

Height: * 180 cm
Weight: * 77 kg

Attack: 71
Defence: 75
Balance: 81
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 79
Acceleration: 76
Response: 81
Agility: 75
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 75
Short Pass Accuracy: 83
Short Pass Speed: 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 77
Shot Accuracy: 70
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 71
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Curling: 65
Header: 79
Jump: 77
Technique: 84
Aggression: 69
Mentality: 83
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 81

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Early Lasting

CARDS:
P04 Anchor Man
S09 Covering

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Covering

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

INFO

Tommaso Maestrelli was versatile midfielder and even defender, played mainly as wing half or inside forward, very good technically with great defensive work and tactical awareness, good runner and present everywhere on the pitch. Maestrelli was born in Pisa, but because of the work of his father, who was clerk of the State Railways, changing cities grew, until in 1935, when he was thirteen, the family Maestrelli was moved to Bari, where he found more permanent residence. Just arrived in town she auditioned with chicks of Bari, and was subsequently registered. In Bari said the youth, until the summer of 1938 the coach of the Hungarian society, József Ging, I joined the first team when Maestrelli had just 16 years. Ging was the same that made his debut on February 26, 1939 in Milan against AC Milan, Bari lost 3-0, but had given way to Maestrelli to debut in Serie A to 16 years, 4 months and 19 days (the record is Amedeo Amadei who debuted at 15 years, 9 months and 6 days). He started the next season, that of 1939-1940, the reserve team of Bari, without ever finding the space between the holders, until near the end of the season when he played the last 5 games as a starter, contributing to the achievement of salvation for his team with his first goal in the top flight, the last league match against Fiorentina. At the end of the championship Maestrelli, who was inducted into the army, he left for military service. As with all players in the army, Maestrelli managed to play with when he was allowed to Bari, a total of 18 games and a goal in the championship which saw Bari move back to Serie B. In the 1941-1942 season, the team from Puglia, where Maestrelli became unmovable, he managed to win promotion to the top flight. It lasted only one year stay in A because the Bari relegated after the playoffs salvation with Venice and Trieste. Passed to Rome just one of the worst periods in the history of the team AS Roma, which ended in relegation to the unique Series B of the Capitol. Maestrelli did not follow the fate of Rome because he had been transferred to the Lucchese. He finished his career as a footballer in Bari, who was demoted for corporate mishaps in the fourth set, helping the team to successive promotions until the Apulian Serie B, as a player and most recently as vice Frederick Allasio. After a few years when he worked as an assistant coach in Bari, Maestrelli was granted the opportunity to lead the team after the relief of coach Peter Magni. He was soon relieved of his tenth bench, defeated by Sampdoria in Genoa, and a useful result was the 1-1 against the Great Inter Helenio Herrera). The opportunity to continue his coaching career he was given by the president of HS Reggina, (now Bristol City) Oreste Granillo: Maestrelli used the opportunity at its best, leading the team from Calabria (never went beyond the Series C) to the first, historic promotion to Serie B in 1965. Maestrelli was then awarded the "Golden Sower" and received the gold medal as the best coach in Serie C. The following year against Reggina to Maestrelli touched his promotion to Serie A. The dream foundered in the morass of Lecco (0-0 with topping). The following year Maestrelli went to Lazio, also relegated after a troubled season. The neo-Biancocelesti coach wanted reconfirmation of Giorgio Chinaglia and remained even "Peppiniello" Massa, bend the nursery Lazio. Louis Martini came to reinforce the midfield led by the expert Giambattista Moschino. The seasoned Claudio Bandoni went to shut the door. The return of Lazio in Serie A was immediate. For the next season (1972-1973) Giuseppe Massa was transferred, and backed Maestrelli Martini back on the right wing and transformed the reserve striker Pierpaolo Manservisi in a "commuter" the opposite end, he placed the cursor Luciano Re Cecconi (former Foggia ) before the defense, in support of "director" Mario Frustalupi (ex-Inter) and the median attack Franco Nanni. Fixed midfield Maestrelli built the best defense in the league (16 goals conceded) with Pino Wilson "free", Giancarlo Oddi "stopper" and Mario Facco back to mark the second striker attacking. To defend the goal of the Lazio goalkeeper had chosen Maestrelli Novara (the year before the beat in Serie B): Happy Pulici. The goals were to get them confirmed the Giorgio Chinaglia and Renzo Garlaschelli: it will make the first 10 and 7 the second. The first race was Lazio-Inter, and the derby against Roma Herrera finished 1-0 with goals from Nanni to return the game ended 2-0 to the Eagles). With Palermo 2-0 on the team reached the summit. Nereo Rocco's AC Milan was an antagonist at the top and, although defeated (Chinaglia two goals) in the match, came to Verona - last day - with an extra point and a renewed sense of Latium Juventus. AC Milan lost 3-5 last round and Lazio, first temporarily, lost 0-1 at Napoli and was overtaken by Juventus (2-1 on Rome). However, it was a milestone for a newly promoted team. In the next championship (1973-1974) defeated Lazio on Matchday Lanerossi Vicenza (3-0), both also won a 2-1 derby with Roma. The team endured in the lead despite the pursuit of Juventus (beaten 3-1 in the deciding match at the Olimpico, with two goals and network Garlaschelli Chinaglia) and is presented first, with three-point lead with three days remaining. In Turin, against the grenade, Lazio lost 2-1 and beat Roma 3-2 Juventus: the advantage and then remained unchanged. At the second last day (May 12) Chinaglia Garlaschelli from the penalty spot (10 goals), beat the Foggia and sanctioned the conquest of Latium first championship, with a day in advance. The team had the best defense for the second consecutive year and record of goals for Chinaglia (24). At the end of the season was awarded to Maestrelli his third "Golden Sower" (the second statuette). The Lazio of 1974-1975, not admitted to the European Cup (disqualification for accidents in the back of the UEFA Cup with Ipswich) went well in the league and was in full swing-shield when Maestrelli was diagnosed with liver cancer and few months of life. The Lazio players, very attached to their coach, the accused shot and only came fourth with Roberto Lovati on the bench. The following season (1975-1976), with Maestrelli hospitalized, the President Umberto Lenzini yielded some important players like Nanni, Oddi and Frustalupi, and entrusted the leadership of the team to an emerging coach, Julius Corsini, who after nine days we had to fight to avoid relegation. So the conditions of Thomas Maestrelli improved thanks to an experimental treatment, and resumed his seat on the bench at Lazio. In the championship final the Roman engineer also had to do without Giorgio Chinaglia, suddenly left for the United States. Maestrelli then gave the jersey no. 9 to a promising young man came from the youth sector, Giordano Bruno. Lazio is saved to the last day, drawing 2-2 in Como: two goals down, got back with Jordan and Badiani. This time the goal difference was in favor of Lazio and the Ascoli was back, stopped by on of Rome. Maestrelli, who was entrusted with the leadership role as a club's sporting director Biancocelesti, then the owner Umberto Lenzini recommended intake of Brazilian coach Luis Vinicio. What was the last executive position held by the Master, who died December 2, 1976. He is buried in the Cemetery Flaminio in Rome.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm

I wanted to ask you something: when you update the players, you may post the differences between the old and the new state of the player? In order to see the changes or posting the new and the old set, as I have seen for example for many players made by MagicDip. Naturally if it were possible to do so, and in any case thanks to the updates!

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Sorry but I don't have time for that. I want to finish this ASAP, since I've updated most of those players in my files long time ago but never updated anything on the forum, I just copy/paste it here.

Why I'm doing this is because:

1. It wouldn't be fair to just quit and leave hundreds of players in outdated format I've been practicing with Plava Čigra 7-8 years ago. And it's better that I update my players since I have knowledge about those players, rather than el capo who doesn't know anything about them and just lowering randomly all speed + physical stats by 10 points.

2. Many facemakers from other Italian sites I'm the member of, but even other facemakers, still use the stats from our previous site which was abandoned years ago, and nothing has been updated there eversince. So I deleted most of my stats there and left the link to this site in some threads, because I don't want the facemakers to use stats from there where lot of things were wrong like standard value for MEN, TMW, STA was 85 and similar examples. But obviously lot of people still doesn't know about this site...

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

Oh come JeanMarc, having players back then with high yellows/orange values at SPS, LPS, STA, even RES is "accurate" for thse players?

We've always have a good comunication infact, you are a kind of a 'mentor' to me :mrgreen: but still, you can't say to me this players (which we don't have the minimun of footage to watch them), deserve those values just because the need of pair them with contemporanies players (where obviously we have the footage, internet, everything to rightfully/perfectly rate them, even though that no matter we try, it's never gonna be perfect)..

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Yes, but certainly they don't deserve 65 either. They were fit and fast as players nowadays but were prisoners of retard tactics and conditions they had back than.

I've seen with my own eyes Nils Liedholm making 40-50 meters sharp ground passes, so you can't claim ALL those old classics should have white SPS and other stats. Lot of them yes, but not all.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

Ok that's okay though, thanks again for updates!

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Well of course not every one but still, i wouldn't even care if he get something like 95-96 in both SPA/LPA, but then it need to be something like white/green values at both SPS/LPS to keep it faithfully at the pace of the game back then, that's all i was proposing..

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 pm

I fail to understand what's wrong with you. I was talking how good his SPS was, and you keep throlling with white SPS. I don't want to talk with you anymore, it's useless. I'll use that time for other things instead.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]