CARDS:
P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run
S02 - Passer
S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribbling - Playmaking - Passing

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Wolverhampton Wanderers' legend Peter Broadbent played for the team from 1951 to 1965. He appeared in 497 matches and scored 145 goals. He capped for England 7 times, scoring twice. During his career he played also for Brentford, Shrewsbury Town, Aston Villa, Stockport County and Bromsgrove Rovers. He retired in 1971. One of the best inside-forwards in the history of Wolverhampton, after his death, many regarded him as the best ever player to wear the Wolves jersey.
The creative hub of the powerful Wolverhampton's attack, Broadbent was an inside forward − mainly on the right side. He was a preciously effective, superbly-gifted, neat ball player of constructive ability and the brain of the team's dashing attack; his hallmarks were outrageous skills and body swerve that amused the crowds, pinpoint passing, excellent ball control and the ability to go past the opponents with fantastic dribblings; he had the qualities of an inside-forward combined with those of a winger and because of this he was sometimes used on the flank, at least twenty yards ahead of Hancocks, and when the ball came out of defence to Hancocks, he was able to pass it accurately to Broadbent who was often clear on his own; at Wolverhampton, in a scheme known for the long-ball game, he was allowed to hold the ball more time but at the end he was a maker rather than a scorer of goals − which were a lot anyway. He's been considered a yesteryear Steven Gerrard or compared and Paul Gascoigne for his dribbling ability. His class was proved also by the fact that George Best and Peter Knowles were his admirers and Knowles described Broadbent as a << ballet dancer on the grass >>. Billy Wright said about Broadbent: << he's very nearly indispensable, the fulcrum of Wolverhampton attack, but for some reason he can't express his club form for England >>. His two goals with England arrived in the same match against Wales: the first was a clever lob over the goalkeeper Jack Kelsey and the second was a header.

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Did you watch the full games that are available for him or is this only based on texts?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Did you watch the full games that are available for him or is this only based on texts?

texts and videos, watch matches on youtube, games of wolves against arsenal among other clubs, and some tributes to him, interista helped me too, I think it was good!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 pm

So, as you "watched" him, when did he ever show anything to deserve 57 for DEF?
He was inside forward who mainly focussed on scoring and creating, not a hard working striker like Zagallo (who actually cared for defending) for example..
I can only repeat it again: if there are full matches available for players, watch them and not post unfinished stats..

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:01 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
So, as you "watched" him, when did he ever show anything to deserve 57 for DEF?
He was inside forward who mainly focussed on scoring and creating, not a hard working striker like Zagallo (who actually cared for defending) for example..
I can only repeat it again: if there are full matches available for players, watch them and not post unfinished stats..

He was a player who helped defensively also by what I read and watched, he also took the team to the attack and got the ball in the middle of the field and carrying and throwing plays, and also made goals, so the 'talisman' 'maybe a bit loud, but it has a similar value in DEF like this!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:19 pm

If you watch the stats I made for McCalliog and the matches, specially the one with Sheffield, you see a player who went from attack to defence and took the ball out of his opponent and then he went straight back to attack.. Was Broadbent like this?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Interista93 wrote:
If you watch the stats I made for McCalliog and the matches, specially the one with Sheffield, you see a player who went from attack to defence and took the ball out of his opponent and then he went straight back to attack.. Was Broadbent like this?

I understood now, I think it was high even the value, I will update .. Thank you!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Also, have you seen him using often the head or jumping to reach the ball?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Also, have you seen him using often the head or jumping to reach the ball?

yes, in some games he was moved as CF, I read in the texts and I saw in some videos he was present in the area, he had green head and jump values ​​in my opinion.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Broadbent was also mostly SS so change his primary position..

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:27 am

General update.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:22 pm

Are you really sure about AGG > ATT? Would IMO be better to switch them to represent his role as a playmaker (of course he also went to the box himself to score but he mainly orchestrated the attacks from a bit behind the box) and also his "variety" (don't know how to explain perfectly it but I mean his ability to both create and score) in the attack ;)

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Are you really sure about AGG > ATT? Would IMO be better to switch them to represent his role as a playmaker (of course he also went to the box himself to score but he mainly orchestrated the attacks from a bit behind the box) and also his "variety" (don't know how to explain perfectly it but I mean his ability to both create and score) in the attack ;)

Okay, I'll give him ATT 84 and AGG 83. I'll take this in mind for future sets of players with a similar playstyle.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]