It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Diego MARADONA 1987-1989 

STATS BY KONAMI

Name: Diego Armando Maradona

Nickname: "El Pibe de Oro" ("Golden Boy")

Club: S.S.C. Napoli
Number: 10
Position: *SS, AMF
Side: LF/BS

Height: 165 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Attack: 95
Defence: 40
Balance: 85
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 82
Acceleration: 93
Response: 85
Agility: 93
Dribble Accuracy: 98
Dribble Speed: 98
Short Pass Accuracy: 93
Short Pass Speed: 82
Long Pass Accuracy: 91
Long Pass Speed: 81
Shot Accuracy: 90
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 93
Free Kick Accuracy: 95
Curling: 96
Header: 81
Jump: 83
Technique: 98
Aggression: 86
Mentality: 78
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 80

Injury Tolerance: C
Condition: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 2
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S02 - Passer
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-touch Play
S06 - Outside curve
S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills
S16 - Roulette Skills
S21 - Step On Skills
S20 - Flicking Skills
P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - Reaction - Playmaking - Passing - 1-1 Scoring - Penalties - 1-Touch Pass - Outside

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

Quote:
Well I don't think an introduction is needed here. Certainly one of the greatest ever footballers. Although a second striker in Napoli he'd usually receive the ball some 45-50 meters from the goal to invent something because Napoli didn't have some great playmakers who could be effective against the stronger opposition. He was known for his vision, dribbling, excellent ball control and good passing. Had very strong legs and low center of gravity and was able to resist every attack of the much bigger defenders. He was very fast on the ball, good shooter as well and set piece expert. But had lot of problems with his condition and discipline. Very inconsistent player and sometimes invisible for large part of the game. I must say he was solid in the air, he had very good leap and decent heading tehnique, but was remembered primarly for his shooting technique, not particularly powerful shot but well placed. Certainly if he had few more skillful teammates in Napoli, they'd have achieved much more.

VIDEOS:

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I think Maradona's Shot Technique can has some increase. Maradona can do 25+ yard and 35 degrees angle shots from both wings, doesn't matter if it was an open play, freekick, or even volley. Really, he's simply the best in football technique.
Also, does he need 5 WFA? He still can do tricks like Panna and overhead kick with his right foot. 2 Weak foot frequency is already enough to show him being reluctant in using his weaker foot.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Added 1989-1990 Set.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

Just one more thing MagicDip.....

Why the set of 1989-1990 has 4 in COND; he played over 40 games during those years?

I'm pretty sure you had a reason about that :roll:

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Yes he played a rather great amount of games that year but he was kinda out of shape constantly and already declining physically (although that isn't the aim of condition in the game). Maybe it would be fair to have him at 5, I don't know...The question is: Should we only take in account the numbers of game played on the era to rate condition? Or should we also dig more and take a look in which physical shape he played those games? (Take a look at Messi last year, he played a looot of games for Barça and the NT with the WC, however he was almost missing in action after 60 mn of play and looked constantly exhausted having dificulties to plays several games in a short amount of time...)

EDIT: I checked out, I gave last year's Messi 5 in COND (with 70 in STA tough), so I guess 1989-90 Maradona could have 5 as well.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:20 pm
Profile WWW

Yes it could have 5...

BTW concerning Messi, it's not like he was in a bad shape... he simply he is not interesting on recovering the ball or trying to press the opponent asides from some moments....after all i'm still giving to him 6-7 in COND... but 5 could be also a choice

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:50 pm

I agree he's not interested in running after the ball, but even with the ball at his feet he wasn't at 100%, he lost his former agility and acceleration + his tendency to vomit in many games, there was something wrong with him.

Updated Maradona's condition to 5.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Amministratore

He missed some games in the beginning of the seasons because he didn't want to return to Napoli cause a big dispute against Ferlaino and he wanted to be traded in fact in summer 1989 he was very close to transfer to Olympique Marseille.
Nevertheless he said that in this season he had the best physical condition of his life.

About WC'90 he had an injury against Romania and he played this WC in impaired condition.
Spoiler: show

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Quote:
Nevertheless he said that in this season he had the best physical condition of his life

This is an exemple he has hard times to be objective about himself. Although he scored a lot that season, the best physical condition of his life was behind him when he was at his peak few years ago. I agree in the WC it was worse because of ankle injury but nonetheless he was already in decline.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

It's like Ronaldo, who says his bests moments were at Barcelona and everyone knows that isn't correct, it was in Inter's years

You can't trust what a player say about himself :lol:

Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 pm

JeanMarc wrote:
Seems fine, just LPA also on 94 for Naka set..

But what about Charruan's set which was his peak :?:

Certainly it should be below '94 set but better than early age set...

Fakhrul wrote:
I think Maradona's Shot Technique can has some increase. Maradona can do 25+ yard and 35 degrees angle shots from both wings, doesn't matter if it was an open play, freekick, or even volley. Really, he's simply the best in football technique.
Also, does he need 5 WFA? He still can do tricks like Panna and overhead kick with his right foot. 2 Weak foot frequency is already enough to show him being reluctant in using his weaker foot.

JeanMarc wrote:
I've updated Charruan's set, still looking on it in general, seems a bit overrated but let it be...

Ok, i've decided to "take on" this player decided to updated the Charruan's set to fit his better years, (Or well at least make him better in some areas whereas he is better than the others sets)

ATT: 92>94 (1+2 =3....This should be above his WC90, anywhere from here to China, i guess that there is not better explanation. I'd still leave him at orange, but honestly if there anyone who deserves red ATT is this man..)
DEF: 41>36
RES: 84>85 (matching it to the others sets)
SPA: 93>94 (Haven't see him failing a pass, when happened, it was because it was too slow, like Baggio for example)
SA: 87>90
FKA: 95>96
JUM: 84>77

Tue May 17, 2016 3:21 am

Maybe the set of Newells can be amplified to Boca Juniors 1995-1997. :)
The set of argentinos and boca look almost the the same that in napoli , he never deveploment the same skills and level that boca and napoli. maybe drop some skills.

The Milan haves Van Bastin Gullit Rikjaark, Juventus have platini , Inter haves Rummenige, Udinese have Zico , Roma Haves Falcao, but Napoli haves D1EG0

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:48 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Maybe the set of Newells can be amplified to Boca Juniors 1995-1997. :)
The set of argentinos and boca look almost the the same that in napoli , he never deveploment the same skills and level that boca and napoli. maybe drop some skills.

The Milan haves Van Bastin Gullit Rikjaark, Juventus have platini , Inter haves Rummenige, Udinese have Zico , Roma Haves Falcao, but Napoli haves D1EG0

He was D10S before he left Argentina :shock: :?

For late Boca Juniors, it should be another set, he was worst in physical attributes, just relying on passing/tactical dribbling..

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:36 pm

In the last set in Newells, he doesn't deserve two more points in curling. I don't think that he improves this aspect in that season. 96 is fine for him.
And in the 1989-1990 set he has more points in heading. Is that right or it's mistake/outdated value?

Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:42 am

I don't understand why he doesn't have 99 in dribbling accuracy. He was by far the greatest dribbler of all time. And as I see, Konami give him a 99 in DA in a lot of games for a reason (PES 5, PES 6, PES 2013 and PES 2017).

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
I don't understand why he doesn't have 99 in dribbling accuracy. He was by far the greatest dribbler of all time. And as I see, Konami give him a 99 in DA in a lot of games for a reason (PES 5, PES 6, PES 2013 and PES 2017).

He hasn't got 99 because he simply wasn't the best dribbler, even if you overhype him and his "great" coach again and again..
Best was the best dribbler of all time (I still don't understand why he was downgraded to 98 from 99) and tbh, even Cruyff was better dribbler than Maradona (of course also way better player but that's another story)..

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next