It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Roda ANTAR 2006-2011 

Name: Roda Abdelhassan Antar

Club: SC Freiburg (2003-2007), 1. FC Köln (2007-2009), Shandong Luneng Taishan (2009-2013)
Position: *DMF, CMF, AMF, SMF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 189 cm
Weight: 78 kg

Attack: 76
Defence: 69
Balance: 85
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 74
Acceleration: 71
Response: 80
Agility: 76
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 71
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 75
Shot Power: 80
Shot Technique: 82
Free Kick Accuracy: 63
Curling: 69
Header: 81
Jump: 77
Technique: 81
Aggression: 75
Mentality: 76
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 77

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S05 - 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Reaction - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Roda Antar ─ brother of Faisal ─ is a former defensive and central midfielder, sometimes used as attacking or side midfielder. He began and ended his career at Tadamon Sour, where he played from 1998 to 2001 and in 2016-17. However, he spent the majority of his career in Germany ─ he's the first Lebanese to play professionally in Europe ─ and China, especially at Freiburg from 2003 to 2007 and Shandong Luneng Taishan from 2009 to 2013, respectively making 105 and 134 appearances, scoring 30 and 36 goals. He played also for Hamburger SV, Köln, Jiangsu Sainty and Hangzhou Greentown. He gained 82 caps for Lebanon, scoring 20 times and captaining the side.
One of the greatest players in the history of Lebanon and undoubtedly the Lebanese who had most success abroad, Antar was a talented and hardworking midfielder, always praised for his qualities and endless creativity. His high technique was compared to that of South American players and his great physical strength to that of African players. He participated to the attack most of the times, making lots of runs towards the goal with good timing, sometimes after triggering the offensive maneuver. He wasn't fast but was gifted with impressive agility for a man of his size that allowed him to score great goals with bicycle kicks. He was a threat inside the box also thanks to a superb heading ability, helped by his tall figure. He was quite prolific considering his primary position being mainly defensive. He possessed decent dribbling skills but most importantly he was very good at keeping and defending the ball.

https://youtu.be/5vdQEpifp2c , https://youtu.be/EPhnu271UM8 tribute videos

Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:12 pm

His primary position was CMF, not DMF. Don't think that 2006 to 2011 should be the era, it should be rather something like 2004 to 2008 to include his good seasons in 2004/05 and 2005/06. STA is clearly underrated here - I assume you simply took Konami value from PES 2011 - but we're speaking about a guy who usually wasn't subbed off during most of his game in 2. Bundesliga and Bundesliga because he simply possessed good stamina. HEA should be one or two points higher as well, same goes for MEN and even TMW.
As I already told you I understand and agree that you rate those Asian players with "harsher" criteria due to the weaker level of their leagues but Roda Antar doesn't belong to those guys since he was able to keep up with the level of both Bundesliga/2. Bundesliga during those years.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:30 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
His primary position was CMF, not DMF. Don't think that 2006 to 2011 should be the era, it should be rather something like 2004 to 2008 to include his good seasons in 2004/05 and 2005/06. STA is clearly underrated here - I assume you simply took Konami value from PES 2011 - but we're speaking about a guy who usually wasn't subbed off during most of his game in 2. Bundesliga and Bundesliga because he simply possessed good stamina. HEA should be one or two points higher as well, same goes for MEN and even TMW.
As I already told you I understand and agree that you rate those Asian players with "harsher" criteria due to the weaker level of their leagues but Roda Antar doesn't belong to those guys since he was able to keep up with the level of both Bundesliga/2. Bundesliga during those years.

2004-05: 30 matches, 4 of them only for a very short time. Also, he scored once after entering in the last minutes.
2005-06: 23 matches. In this season too he scored twice after coming in as substitute. Could he have the Super Sub card or aren't those late goals enough?
On the other hand, he played over 30 full games in both 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons. What about splitting COND in two?
I agree regarding the rest, especially STA. I believe I was too harsh with 81. A part of what you mentioned, he constantly ran from the midfield towards the goal. What about 84? Or does he deserve even more?
It's true that I use to be harsher with players who were featured in weaker leagues but I know that Roda Antar did well in a top league like Bundesliga. If we take this fact alone to count, we might even say that Roda Antar might be the best ever Lebanese player.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]