Captain: Zito | Mauro Ramos
Short free kick: Pelé
Long free kick: Pepe
Free Kick 2: Clodoaldo
Left corner: Lima
Right corner: Lima
Penalty: Pelé | Pepe

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
1 - Leo instead of Rildo. I believe that this is the critical point of this team, I believe that Léo cannot be out of the starting XI, due to the records he broke at Santos FC and the titles he won. Let's make a little comparison:

Number of games:
Rildo - 325
Leo - 455

Main titles by the club:
Rildo - Campeonato Paulista, (1967, 1968 and 1969), Supercopa Sudamericana (1968), Recopa Intercontinental (1968)

Léo - Libertadores da América (2011), Campeonato Brasileiro (2002 and 2004), Copa do Brasil (2010), Recopa Sudamericana (2012), Campeonato Paulista (2010, 2011, 2012)

basically, he is Santos FC's biggest post-Pelé era winner.

2 - Ganso instead of Pita in 23. Honestly, I didn't understand what Pita does there, he only won one Campeonato Paulista for the club. Ganso, in turn, won Libertadores da América, 3 Campeonatos Paulista, Copa do Brasil and 1 Recopa Sudamericana. In the idolatry factor, Ganso is certainly bigger, being the main protagonist along with Neymar of the second biggest winning phase of Santos.

I agree regarding Léo instead of Rildo. Pita could be left out but not for Ganso. I get that Ganso won some trophies but he didn't play that much compared to Pita.
I'd rather add back Renato, who played over 400 games (regional leagues included) and at least won a Série A. If he didn't leave for Sevilla, he would've won even more.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:49 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
1 - Leo instead of Rildo. I believe that this is the critical point of this team, I believe that Léo cannot be out of the starting XI, due to the records he broke at Santos FC and the titles he won. Let's make a little comparison:

Number of games:
Rildo - 325
Leo - 455

Main titles by the club:
Rildo - Campeonato Paulista, (1967, 1968 and 1969), Supercopa Sudamericana (1968), Recopa Intercontinental (1968)

Léo - Libertadores da América (2011), Campeonato Brasileiro (2002 and 2004), Copa do Brasil (2010), Recopa Sudamericana (2012), Campeonato Paulista (2010, 2011, 2012)

2 - Ganso instead of Pita in 23. Honestly, I didn't understand what Pita does there, he only won one Campeonato Paulista for the club. Ganso, in turn, won Libertadores da América, 3 Campeonatos Paulista, Copa do Brasil and 1 Recopa Sudamericana. In the idolatry factor, Ganso is certainly bigger, being the main protagonist along with Neymar of the second biggest winning phase of Santos.

I agree regarding Léo instead of Rildo. Pita could be left out but not for Ganso. I get that Ganso won some trophies but he didn't play that much compared to Pita.
I'd rather add back Renato, who played over 400 games (regional leagues included) and at least won a Série A. If he didn't leave for Sevilla, he would've won even more.

Yeah, is a good option too.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:54 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

Number of games:
Rildo - 325
Leo - 455

Main titles by the club:

Considering positions on the field, I wouldnt change Pita for Renato. The team will be unbalanced. There are two attacking midfielders in this team, Pita and Antoninho, if you take Pita off, will be only one.

From the options in the reserves, I would consider Ganso, Diego and Giovanni.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Interista93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

Number of games:
Rildo - 325
Leo - 455

Main titles by the club:

Considering positions on the field, I wouldnt change Pita for Renato. The team will be unbalanced. There are two attacking midfielders in this team, Pita and Antoninho, if you take Pita off, will be only one.

From the options in the reserves, I would consider Ganso, Diego and Giovanni.

I don't think it is unbalanced because the starter of the position is Lima, who are playing as CMF. I believe that putting someone like Renato Florêncio would actually balance. However, all the suggestions have their validity, not simultaneously, but the fact that Pita is a loose end in the 23 gives the opening for us to put any of these. I would put Diego and Giovanni a step below Ganso and Renato.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:00 pm

For sure all the sugestions are valid and well grounded.

Actually I didnt realize the 11 starters are Clodoaldo, Zito and Lima. Which makes me think that the team is too defensive considering Santos' history. Santos never played like that when Santos had great teams. NEVER!

Also, If I could choose one CMF, it would be Mengálvio who is more ofensive than Lima. A classic number 8. If I am not wrong Lima were better as full back and defensive miidfield (not really sure about that).

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
For sure all the sugestions are valid and well grounded.

Actually I didnt realize the 11 starters are Clodoaldo, Zito and Lima. Which makes me think that the team is too defensive considering Santos' history. Santos never played like that when Santos had great teams. NEVER!

Also, If I could choose one CMF, it would be Mengálvio who is more ofensive than Lima. A classic number 8. If I am not wrong Lima were better as full back and defensive miidfield (not really sure about that).

I don't agree the team is too defensive. It has three proper strikers, Zito who is supposed to push forward a lot since he has the Enforcer card, Clodoaldo who is quite balanced between attacking and defensive stats, Lima who is more offensive than defensive and has the Box to Box card, Carlos Alberto who is a very supporting side back with those attacking stats. Last but not least, you can select in-game Carlos Alberto plus two midfielders as players who join the attack and the team isn't that defensive anymore.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 pm

Well, can we agree that Renato should take Pita's place?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:38 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Well, can we agree that Renato should take Pita's place?

Yes, definitely. I switched them.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:52 pm

@Interista

Mate, you forgot to link player you created :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12679

Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 am

LÉO
ELANO
RENATO

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:39 pm

I think Fabio Costa has to be on the reserves. If I need to take someone out, I would take Claudio out.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:33 pm

guilermerr wrote:
I think Fabio Costa has to be on the reserves. If I need to take someone out, I would take Claudio out.

Fábio Costa has 345 appearances, won a national championship and two state leagues. Cláudio has 225 appearances, won a national championship, four state leagues, a Recopa Sudamericana, an Intercontinental Cup, and in addition he was an international several times during his stint with Santos. I don't think this replacement would make sense.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:39 pm

Didnt know that. Do you think any other gk listed here can be replaced?

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:19 pm

guilermerr wrote:
Didnt know that. Do you think any other gk listed here can be replaced?

I replace Agustín Cejas who has 254 appearances but won only a Campeonato Paulista and he definitely had his best time at Racing Club.

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2