Captain: Zico | Domingos da Guia | Zizinho
Short free kick: Zico | Júnior
Long free kick: Júnior
Free kick 2: Zizinho
Right corner: Zico | Júnior
Left corner: Zico | Júnior
Penalty: Zico | Romário | Júnior

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:36 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
I think that in the near future Gabriel Barbosa will be able to replace Zagallo in the initial 23, even because Zagallo doesn't have much fit in the team's tactics. We must be patient, as he is still playing and a lot can happen, but I believe he is the main (and perhaps the only) exponent to enter in the 23.

Since I suggested to add Zagallo and Interista agreed with me, I'll explain why he is here: There's no point of having a fourth CF when you have Leonidas/Romario/Nunes + Dida/Bebeto. On the other hand this team didn't have a proper left winger, that's why I suggested either Zagallo or Lico. All Star Teams should always be balanced, that's why this team needed one left (Zagallo) and one right winger (Joel).

Oh yeah, I get it, it makes sense. Well, it gets harder for Gabriel so I think it all depends on how much longer he stays, how much more he wins and how many more records he breaks.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:17 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
I think that in the near future Gabriel Barbosa will be able to replace Zagallo in the initial 23, even because Zagallo doesn't have much fit in the team's tactics. We must be patient, as he is still playing and a lot can happen, but I believe he is the main (and perhaps the only) exponent to enter in the 23.

Since I suggested to add Zagallo and Interista agreed with me, I'll explain why he is here: There's no point of having a fourth CF when you have Leonidas/Romario/Nunes + Dida/Bebeto. On the other hand this team didn't have a proper left winger, that's why I suggested either Zagallo or Lico. All Star Teams should always be balanced, that's why this team needed one left (Zagallo) and one right winger (Joel).

I see. It is important to have a balanced team. Sávio and Júlio César Uri Geller would be good options too.

As a player Zagallo is too related with Botafogo, same example as Gérson "Canhotinha de Ouro".

Just for curiosity... who went out, so Zagallo could be in?

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

I see. It is important to have a balanced team. Sávio and Júlio César Uri Geller would be good options too.

As a player Zagallo is too related with Botafogo, same example as Gérson "Canhotinha de Ouro".

Just for curiosity... who went out, so Zagallo could be in?

It seems to me that Aldair has been here at some point. I don't know if I'm going crazy, but I think they took an excess CB to put a missing LWF.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:37 pm

I don't remember who I replaced for Zagallo but it was explained in a previous post that since all star teams need to be balanced and Flamengo had almost only centre forwards, a winger was needed. Therefore, Gabriel Barbosa will be a valid choice for the first team when ─ if ─ he surpasses legends like Bebeto, Leônidas, Romário.
Regarding Júlio César Uri Geller, I at first included him in the reserve but in my opinion he's not as deserving as the players who are in. I explained the reason in a previous post. Aldair has been replaced with Marinho. Honestly, Aldair played only 59 leagues games when he was a youngster, didn't win any major trophy with Flamengo and had his peak somewhere else. I don't even know why I included him in the first team to begin with.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:41 pm

Oh, I see. Probably because Aldair left Flamengo with 23 years. Anyway, I wouldnt take him out. Specially to put Marinho in. Marinho was not even a absolute 11 in his time in Flamengo. Although he was in the Intercontinental title.

Rondinelli for example was much more important to Flamengo than him. Reyes is a better name too. Even Juan who come back older to retire in Flamengo. I would say Junior Baiano was a better player too, eventough he played in Flamengo's weaker eras.

In addition, taking advantage of the subject. Julio César (the goalkeeper) was huge in Flamengo.... HUGE!!! The stats will probably dont show that because he was playing in the weakest Flamengo of the history. But I can say that he simply save Flamengo to be relegated for years. That was the importance of Julio César for Flamengo... saving the club to be relegated.

What I mean with all that? Marinho was insert in a great Flamengo, the best ever. Not more than that.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
I don't remember who I replaced for Zagallo but it was explained in a previous post that since all star teams need to be balanced and Flamengo had almost only centre forwards, a winger was needed. Therefore, Gabriel Barbosa will be a valid choice for the first team when ─ if ─ he surpasses legends like Bebeto, Leônidas, Romário.
Regarding Júlio César Uri Geller, I at first included him in the reserve but in my opinion he's not as deserving as the players who are in. I explained the reason in a previous post. Aldair has been replaced with Marinho. Honestly, Aldair played only 59 leagues games when he was a youngster, didn't win any major trophy with Flamengo and had his peak somewhere else. I don't even know why I included him in the first team to begin with.

Ok. I see and I agree about Aldair. He left Flamengo too soon but he won a Brazilian Championship in 1987 as a reserve.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:

Yes, currently the reserves is a good place for Gabriel, but depending on what happens from now on, it will be impossible not to promote him. Imagine - for example -, if from then on he wins another Libertadores as top scorer or if he stays for a few more years, Bebeto will have to give up his place. About Aldair, I agree.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
Oh, I see. Probably because Aldair left Flamengo with 23 years. Anyway, I wouldnt take him out. Specially to put Marinho in. Marinho was not even a absolute 11 in his time in Flamengo. Although he was in the Intercontinental title.

Rondinelli for example was much more important to Flamengo than him. Reyes is a better name too. Even Juan who come back older to retire in Flamengo. I would say Junior Baiano was a better player too, eventough he played in Flamengo's weaker eras.

In addition, taking advantage of the subject. Julio César (the goalkeeper) was huge in Flamengo.... HUGE!!! The stats will probably dont show that because he was playing in the weakest Flamengo of the history. But I can say that he simply save Flamengo to be relegated for years. That was the importance of Julio César for Flamengo... saving the club to be relegated.

What I mean with all that? Marinho was insert in a great Flamengo, the best ever. Not more than that.

I agree with that. Marinho was in a good team, but he wasn't that important and wasn't even unanimous in the team at the time, apart from his technical quality, which - let's admit it - was far from being good, he wasn't a good CB or a good player. I would put Rondinelli in his place, but Baiano is also a good option.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Others things...

Biguá was a right-back.

Athirson was left-back. I already told here but maybe Interista forgot to move him.

An interesting think to do here in the forum would be to put Geraldo Assoviador between the reserves. Mainly because I saw Duncan Edwards and Dener among the eleven, both correctly honored.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Others things...

Biguá was a right-back.

Athirson was left-back. I already told here but maybe Interista forgot to move him.

An interesting think to do here in the forum would be to put Geraldo Assoviador between the reserves. Mainly because I saw Duncan Edwards and Dener among the eleven, both correctly honored.

I don't think these comparisons are fair. Duncan Edwards won reasonable titles with Matt Busby and was the best player of the Busby Babies, words of Sir Bobby Charlton himself, apart from the legacy he left for the club, even though he doesn't win as much as many, he is so important that he gives to say that there is a United before him and another after him. Same thing for Dener, a player with reasonable titles, an AMAZING technical skill and a great importance for the club, things we can't say about Geraldo, since several reserves outperform him in these 3 aspects.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
Biguá was a right-back.

Athirson is considered as a midfielder in several sources. In the 1940s defences were still mostly formed by two centre backs. Lateral direito in that era might as well be a left-half, which would correspond more to an actual left defensive midfielder.
Athirson was either left back, left wing back or left side midfielder. I don't think that having him in the midfield is that wrong. You can see similar situations in many other teams.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
Others things...

Biguá was a right-back.

I don't think these comparisons are fair. Duncan Edwards won reasonable titles with Matt Busby and was the best player of the Busby Babies, words of Sir Bobby Charlton himself, apart from the legacy he left for the club, even though he doesn't win as much as many, he is so important that he gives to say that there is a United before him and another after him. Same thing for Dener, a player with reasonable titles, an AMAZING technical skill and a great importance for the club, things we can't say about Geraldo, since several reserves outperform him in these 3 aspects.

It is very very fair, my friend! Thats why Edwards and Dener are between the 11 and I suggested Geraldo for the reserves.

You might dont know Geraldo very well, a few people know. Geraldo together with Zico were the mainly players from their generation.

A good example is if Geraldo hasnt past away, Adilio probably wouldnt have space in the team.

Geraldo was so good that he was already playing for the National Team, as the first 11 at the semifinals of America Cup 1975 with only 21 years. He played 7 games in total for Brazil with only 22 years old, something that Dener never achieved even living until 23 (Dener only played 2 games for Brazil). Eventough, I think that Dener was better than Geraldo.

Dener and Geraldo won the same amount of titles.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
Biguá was a right-back.

Athirson is considered as a midfielder in several sources. In the 1940s defences were still mostly formed by two centre backs. Lateral direito in that era might as well be a left-half, which would correspond more to an actual left defensive midfielder.
Athirson was either left back, left wing back or left side midfielder. I don't think that having him in the midfield is that wrong. You can see similar situations in many other teams.

Ok. I can understand Biguá as a midfielder but Athirson become midfielder when he got older, in Portuguesa for example. In Flamengo he was a remarkable left back

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
Others things...

Biguá was a right-back.

It is very very fair, my friend! Thats why Edwards and Dener are between the 11 and I suggested Geraldo for the reserves.

You might dont know Geraldo very well, a few people know. Geraldo together with Zico were the mainly players from their generation.

A good example is if Geraldo hasnt past away, Adilio probably wouldnt have space in the team.

Geraldo was so good that he was already playing for the National Team, as the first 11 at the semifinals of America Cup 1975 with only 21 years. He played 7 games in total for Brazil with only 22 years old, something that Dener never achieved even living until 23 (Dener only played 2 games for Brazil). Eventough, I think that Dener was better than Geraldo.

Dener and Geraldo won the same amount of titles.

The difference is that while Geraldo did campaigns for Flamengo, Dener did campaigns with Portuguesa, which was a team with more lack of titles and idols than Flamengo (it's a smaller team, so it's normal for a player like Dener to win the immediate sympathy and eternal idolatry). Yes, Geraldo could have been more, he could have taken Adilio's place, but that didn't happen for unfortunate reasons, and that has a price in history. With all these long-lived and winning names among the reserves, I really don't see room for him.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:09 pm

No! It is not that he could take adilio's place. Simply, Adilio took his place because unfortunately he past away. He was the number 8 of Flamengo, not Adilio. Adilio was originally a left winger. Geraldo was way better than Adilio, they are not even comparable that time.

And there arent so many irreplacable players like you say. Charles Guerreiro for example can easily be substituted by Geraldo.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next