ATTACKERS:

:BRA: MAURÍCIO
:BRA: DONIZETE
:BRA: ROBERTO - Roberto Lopes Miranda
:BRA: PAULINHO CRICIÚMA

Best Eleven:

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 pm

What about Seedorf into Reserves?.

Btw i tought that it was a set of Quarentinha around the board.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 am
Profile WWW

Jefferson was a better goalkeeper than Wagner.

Seedorf took Botafogo to Libertadores after many years playing in high level, I would put him between the 23

Valdo also deserves to be mentioned

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:47 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
Jefferson was a better goalkeeper than Wagner.

Seedorf took Botafogo to Libertadores after many years playing in high level, I would put him between the 23

Valdo also deserves to be mentioned

I totally agree, Jefferson is the main idol of Botafogo's recent history, playing his entire career for the club.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:19 am

The Start XI are perfect, there is nothing to discuss. However, it is noticeable that this topic is bald of reserve players, so I would leave those that I consider most deserving to be among the reserves, but before:
Jefferson at start 23 instead of Wagner.
Wagner played 412 games at Botafogo, winning a Comenbol Cup, a Brasileirão Série A and a Carioca Championship, as stated in the player's wikipedia (There are no sources more accurate than wikipedia, since the transfermarkt and ogol did not summarize Wagner entirely, the same goes for Jefferson). Jefferson, on the other hand, has 459 matches for Botafogo, a feat that is only surpassed by Garrincha and Nilton Santos - the club's greatest idols respectively-, won 3 Carioca's championships, Brasileirão Série B, was the best goalkeeper in Brazil in 2011 and 2014, Carioca's best goalkeeper in 2013 and the best PLAYER of the competition in 2010. It's a good fight, but I have no doubt that Jefferson is bigger and better for the club than Wagner.

Now, let's start with the reserves:
Seedorf - He played 2 years at Botafogo (not long, but enough to be in the reserves), that is, 58 games.
He won: Campeonato Carioca: 2013
Taça Guanabara: 2013
Taça Rio: 2013
besides being able to take Botafogo to a Libertadores after a long time, showing class and a monstrous individual skill.

Sebastián "Loco" Abreu - He played 3 years at Botafogo in 50 games, and he did very well in the team, and win: Campeonato Carioca: 2010
Taça Guanabara: 2010
Taça Rio: 2010 e 2012
being a runner up top scorer in the first conquest, in addition to being a runner up (also) top scorer in the next two editions.

Dodô - played 124 goals for Botafogo, making 90 goals on two occasions for the team, and win:
Campeonato Carioca: 2006
Taça Guanabara: 2006
he was also the best player and top scorer in the Carioca Championship in 2006 and 2007.

Geninho - one of Botafogo's "Vintage" players, Geninho played 244 matches between 1940 and 1954, scoring 155 goals. He won just one Campeonato Carioca, but he can enter the reserves for playing the amount he played, and playing well in a time of Botafogo's rise.

Patesko - One that honestly, given the options on the list, I didn't understand why he isn't. Patesko was one of the most complete wingers of that generation, played 237 games for Botafogo and scored 102 goals between 1934 and 1943. He was four-time state champion with Botafogo (quite an achievement) and participated in the first excursions of Botafogo. This is another player that can be discussed among the 23, but the reserve is already good for him.

that's it for now, any other players that I remember, I'll leave attached below:

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Goalkeepers: I agree about Jefferson for Wagner. In reserves I'd add Cao and Geninho, both members of the 1968 squad and in general played many matches. I'd take out Zé Carlos and Paulo Sérgio.
Defenders: Oscar Basso (17 matches in 1950-51 while the source from Wikipedia is probably wrong) and Carlos Alberto (22 in 1971), in my opinion, shouldn't be in the first team. I'd add Wilson Gottardo, 1995 Série A winner, as centre back and Moreira, 1968 Série A winner, as right back. I'm not sure about Josimar: Paulistinha was also part of the 1968 squad, played 308 matches, was right back but also left and centre back.
Midfielders: Carlos Roberto (445 matches and 1968 Série A winner) for Alemão (62 and had his best time at Napoli). I'm not too sure about Zagallo who is, for me, more related to Flamengo as player, to Botafogo as coach. He played slightly more than 100 games while there's Nei Conceição who played 340 and was a key player in 1968. The difference of class shouldn't be arguable but Nei was still called up for the NT even though he never played due to his attitude. That said, he probably was a very good player a part of being a regular for many years.
I agree regarding Seedorf, Abreu, Dodô, Geninho and Patesko in the reserves.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]