INFO:
https://ecvitoria.com/historia
https://arenarubronegra.com/
https://memoriasdoecvitoria.blogspot.com/
https://anotandofutbol.blogspot.com/201 ... e-1_6.html
https://brasileiraoserieb.com.br/conhec ... o-vitoria/
https://www.futebolnaveia.com.br/top-5- ... e-vitoria/
https://www.correio24horas.com.br/ec-vi ... toria-0519

Last edited by genofredinho on Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:57 pm

With all respect but what are guys like Dida, Petkovic, David Luiz, Vampeta, Quarentinha, Aristizábal or Bebeto doing here, especially almost all of them in first team? None of those guys spent much time at the club, neither did they have any important success with it.
Only having a big name or doing great things at other clubs of the career are certainly no criteria for any AS team of this forum.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:30 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
With all respect but what are guys like Dida, Petkovic, David Luiz, Vampeta, Quarentinha, Aristizábal or Bebeto doing here, especially almost all of them in first team? None of those guys spent much time at the club, neither did they have any important success with it.
Only having a big name or doing great things at other clubs of the career are certainly no criteria for any AS team of this forum.

The most memorable teams of Vitória are the 1993 and 1999 teams. The first one reached the final of the brazilian national championschip against Palmeiras and the second one reached the semifinals. The team of 1993 had Dida and Vampeta as starters and, already, one of the greatest players of the country. Indeed, Dida won the Bola de Prata of 1993 as the greatest goalkeeper of the championschip. Petkovic was the star of the 1999 team. He has 55 goals in 57 games and he's one of the all time top scorers of Vitória playing as AM. He's unquestionable in my opinion.
David Luiz, Quarentinha, Aristizábal and Bebeto are questionable because of the few matches they played, but each one of them had a very huge season while they played in Vitória. David Luiz is one of the most remarkable players of the team in this century, Quarentinha formed the team of 1953, that is very memorable (he and Juvenal was the biggest stars), Aristizábal formed a duo with André Neles at 2003, together they reached 60 goals in the season and Bebeto is the player that the fans remember the most. I think the four of them deserve being at least at the reserves, but if you think I should put some players with more matches, I can change it. There's a lot of options at here.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:47 am

genofredinho wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

The most memorable teams of Vitória are the 1993 and 1999 teams. The first one reached the final of the brazilian national championschip against Palmeiras and the second one reached the semifinals. The team of 1993 had Dida and Vampeta as starters and, already, one of the greatest players of the country. Indeed, Dida won the Bola de Prata of 1993 as the greatest goalkeeper of the championschip. Petkovic was the star of the 1999 team. He has 55 goals in 57 games and he's one of the all time top scorers of Vitória playing as AM. He's unquestionable in my opinion.
David Luiz, Quarentinha, Aristizábal and Bebeto are questionable because of the few matches they played, but each one of them had a very huge season while they played in Vitória. David Luiz is one of the most remarkable players of the team in this century, Quarentinha formed the team of 1953, that is very memorable (he and Juvenal was the biggest stars), Aristizábal formed a duo with André Neles at 2003, together they reached 60 goals in the season and Bebeto is the player that the fans remember the most. I think the four of them deserve being at least at the reserves, but if you think I should put some players with more matches, I can change it. There's a lot of options at here.

Well, I should have explained it better. I didn't question their status at Vitoria in general (so I have nothing against them here) but I thought that a club with a history of 122 years would have more players that actually served the club for a longer time. I understand that Bebeto is remembered by fans but IMO the reason for this is that he won a WC and had a succesful career in Europe, not at Vitoria.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:48 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Well, I should have explained it better. I didn't question their status at Vitoria in general (so I have nothing against them here) but I thought that a club with a history of 122 years would have more players that actually served the club for a longer time. I understand that Bebeto is remembered by fans but IMO the reason for this is that he won a WC and had a succesful career in Europe, not at Vitoria.

Yeah, I agree with you, I'm gonna let Bebeto out. But I still think Aristizábal, Vampeta, David Luiz and Quarentinha can be at the reserves. Dida and Petkovic are really one of the greatest Vitória stars. What do you think?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Ricky "Marley" is Nigerian.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:45 pm
Profile WWW

Vitória won the second division title this year. This title is the most important title in the club's history.

That said, I think that at least goalkeeper Lucas Arcanjo deserves a place in the reserves. He was one of the team's highlights, he is very identified with the fans and has been playing for the club for a few years.

The other highlight was defender Wagner Leonardo, but I believe that his limited time at the club prevents him from joining the team (he only played this year)

Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 am

Problem is that genofredinho hasn't been online for almost a year now, so I don't expect him to return and update this team.
@Bola Clasica: Maybe you and Interista could take of this team and Bragantino and Bangu? Just in case you want and have time of course.

Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]