Free Kick 2: Julinho
Right Corner: Ademir da Guia
Left Corner: Ademir da Guia
Penalty: Djalma Santos

INFO:
https://www.palmeiras.com.br/craques/
https://www.palmeiras.com.br/pt-br/historia/
http://anotandofutbol.blogspot.com/2017 ... rte-1.html

Last edited by Interista93 on Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:54 am, edited 8 times in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 pm

I agree that Dudu, Weverton and Gustavo Gomez should be included among the reserves.

But a question popped into my mind.

Nowadays, Brazilian football is much weaker than eras before, so dont you think players should do much more this era to be included?

I mean it is almost a heresy take Rivaldo off to include Dudu. Rivaldo won two Bolas de Prata (1994 and 1995) when the bests footballers were playing in Brazil.

Now, we see a bunch of not succesfully players in Europe and pre retirement footballers having their last star moments in Brazil.

Who was the best player of the BR championship this year? Hulk.

Who was the best from Libertadores? Gabriel Barbosa.

I mean, the numbers, as titles, games and so on should be much better comparing to the players from the past in order to they to be considered here.

It is just a matter of level of competition. I know this Palmeiras is the most succesfully one in history but it is by faaaaaarrr worse than the first "Academia", the second "Academia" and the Parmalat era (when Rivaldo played).

I mean this Palmeiras is not even close to the other ones and it is the most awarded one just because South American football is in crisis.

Dudu and Gustavo Gomez are great among the worst and Rivaldo was great among the bests!

Just a sad thought! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:32 pm
Profile WWW

One suggestion for you, Brazilian users. Maybe one of you can work on Waldo Machado's stats, great player and has no stats here.

Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
Nowadays, Brazilian football is much weaker than eras before, so dont you think players should do much more this era to be included?

I mean it is almost a heresy take Rivaldo off to include Dudu. Rivaldo won two Bolas de Prata (1994 and 1995) when the bests footballers were playing in Brazil.

It is just a matter of level of competition. I know this Palmeiras is the most succesfully one in history but it is by faaaaaarrr worse than the first "Academia", the second "Academia" and the Parmalat era (when Rivaldo played).

I mean this Palmeiras is not even close to the other ones and it is the most awarded one just because South American football is in crisis.

Dudu and Gustavo Gomez are great among the worst and Rivaldo was great among the bests!

All Star Teams should mainly include players who had important and possibly longer spells in a specific team. There are exceptions like players who spent one or two seasons but are well regarded as the greatest in the history of the team and probably were the key for their most successful season. Rivaldo won two Bola de Prata but this is Palmeiras All Stars, not "Greatest Bola de Prata Winners". Don't get me wrong, that's definitely a factor to consider but it shouldn't be the most important. In my opinion, the situation of Rivaldo with Palmeiras is similar, for example, to the one of Zlatan Ibrahimović with Inter (this one came to mind): you can have him in the reserves, that wouldn't be wrong, but if you don't have him, that wouldn't be wrong either. As long as there are other players who can fill the spot, I don't see the problem in excluding him.

Yes, Brazilian football is undoubtedly weaker than it was years ago. Rivaldo surely was a key player for the 1994 Série A win. However, he played almost half of his total matches with Palmeiras in the Campeonato Paulista. If I'm right, at least half of the teams in such leagues came and still come from lower leagues. So, I have a question for you: since you talk about level of football, was the level of the Campeonato Paulista higher then than Brazilian Série A now?

Mikerdead39 wrote:
I don't know if it's possible to remove someone to put Luan Garcia, Marcos Rocha and Scarpa, but it's possible to analyze.

Luan Garcia and Marcos Rocha can easily replace Roque Júnior and Cafu. The first won a Copa Libertadores but wasn't a regular throughout his whole Palmeiras spell. The second also didn't play too much and didn't win any major title. I consider Gustavo Gómez as third option in replacement of Antônio Carlos, who though probably did more than Roque Júnior and Cafu. One between Alex and César Sampaio could leave for Gustavo Scarpa but I'm not sure about this one. A part of the 1999 Copa Libertadores, there are no other major titles for them and they also didn't play too many matches ─ excluding the State League.

Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:02 pm

Milos wrote:
One suggestion for you, Brazilian users. Maybe one of you can work on Waldo Machado's stats, great player and has no stats here.

I would do but I don't have the knowledge about each stat to do that accurately. It is not easy at all. I could try practicing it with some players I know better, some that I watched in live. I can make some Brazilian AS teams though.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I dont like to see Luan in and Roque Junior or Gustavo Goméz out. :D

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Well, I dont like to see Luan in and Roque Junior or Gustavo Goméz out. :D

I add Gómez but no way I consider Roque Júnior over Luan. Júnior often wasn't a regular during his four year spell and was important in the 1999 Copa Libertadores but that's it.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Felipe Melo?

Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:27 am

guilermerr wrote:
Felipe Melo?

He has a high number of appearances and won several important titles, so he can be in. But who would you replace and why?

Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:44 pm

I wouldn't add Felipe Melo honestly. The reserves in the midfielder already meet the requirements as well as he does, we have: players from the 1999 Libertadores (Parmalat Era), players from the Academias and legendary players from Palestra Italia (+ Dudu from Crefisa Era) all played for years at the club and won relevant titles. The only player who is "removable" in my opinion is Valdívia, but I'm not sure about that.

Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:54 pm

:POR: Abel Ferreira would also be an important choice as Palmeiras coach

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:26 am

i'm a historian of palmeiras, and in my opinion these are the 23 start players, the main criteria is number of games+titles(respect the historic context, you guys foreigners sometimes they are unaware about this)+starting player of Brazil in world cups(TALENT). Some guys are very representative as they were in some of the club's historic moments, such as the heroic run of 1942, the 100-goal attack of 1996, and the breaking of the fast of 1993.

Marcos 1
Leao 2

Djalma Santos 3
Arce 4
Roberto Carlos 5
Luis pereira 6
Djalma Dias 7
Junqueira 8

Waldemar Fiume 9
Dudu Olegario 10
Ademir da Guia 11
Rivaldo 12
Jair Rosa Pinto 13
Leivinha 14
Jorge Mendonça 15

Heitor 16
Cesar Maluco 17
Evair 18
Julinho Botelho 19
Luis Mesquita 20
Servilio 21
Rodrigues Tatu 22
Humberto Tozzi 23

Following reserves:

Oberdan 1
Weverton 2

Cafu 3
Geraldo Scotto 4
Junior 5
Cleber Americo 6
Junior Baiano 7
Roque Junior 8

Mazinho 9
Cesar Sampaio 10
Marcos Assunçao 11
Chinesinho 12
Alex 13
Djalminha 14
Lima 15
Tupazinho 16

Echevarrieta 17
Romeu Pellicciari 18
Edmundo 19
Mazzola Altafini 20
Vava 21
Liminha 22
Dudu 2015- 23

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:04 am

Henrique dos Santos wrote:
i'm a historian of palmeiras, and in my opinion these are the 23 start players, the main criteria is number of games+titles(respect the historic context, you guys foreigners sometimes they are unaware about this)+starting player of Brazil in world cups(TALENT). Some guys are very representative as they were in some of the club's historic moments, such as the heroic run of 1942, the 100-goal attack of 1996, and the breaking of the fast of 1993.

Spoiler: show
Marcos 1
Leao 2

Djalma Santos 3
Arce 4
Roberto Carlos 5
Luis pereira 6
Djalma Dias 7
Junqueira 8

Waldemar Fiume 9
Dudu Olegario 10
Ademir da Guia 11
Rivaldo 12
Jair Rosa Pinto 13
Leivinha 14
Jorge Mendonça 15

Heitor 16
Cesar Maluco 17
Evair 18
Julinho Botelho 19
Luis Mesquita 20
Servilio 21
Rodrigues Tatu 22
Humberto Tozzi 23

Following reserves:

Oberdan 1
Weverton 2

Cafu 3
Geraldo Scotto 4
Junior 5
Cleber Americo 6
Junior Baiano 7
Roque Junior 8

Mazinho 9
Cesar Sampaio 10
Marcos Assunçao 11
Chinesinho 12
Alex 13
Djalminha 14
Lima 15
Tupazinho 16

Echevarrieta 17
Romeu Pellicciari 18
Edmundo 19
Mazzola Altafini 20
Vava 21
Liminha 22
Dudu 2015- 23

"You guys foreigners". I believe that half of the users who commented this post are from Brazil and I always get help from a Brazilian user when creating a Brazilian all star team. The criteria used in this website are different from yours. The importance with the Brazil national team doesn't matter in the selection of players for a club, even less when the club had huge success. Therefore, guys like Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo and Cafu make no sense here given that they had their peak somewhere else. Surely, there are players who spent way more time than them with Palmeiras. Luisinho (Luis Mesquita) is the only name that should be added to the first team. I'll see who can be replaced.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:15 am

Interista93 wrote:

Spoiler: show
Marcos 1
Leao 2

Djalma Santos 3
Arce 4
Roberto Carlos 5
Luis pereira 6
Djalma Dias 7
Junqueira 8

Waldemar Fiume 9
Dudu Olegario 10
Ademir da Guia 11
Rivaldo 12
Jair Rosa Pinto 13
Leivinha 14
Jorge Mendonça 15

Heitor 16
Cesar Maluco 17
Evair 18
Julinho Botelho 19
Luis Mesquita 20
Servilio 21
Rodrigues Tatu 22
Humberto Tozzi 23

Following reserves:

Oberdan 1
Weverton 2

Cafu 3
Geraldo Scotto 4
Junior 5
Cleber Americo 6
Junior Baiano 7
Roque Junior 8

Mazinho 9
Cesar Sampaio 10
Marcos Assunçao 11
Chinesinho 12
Alex 13
Djalminha 14
Lima 15
Tupazinho 16

Echevarrieta 17
Romeu Pellicciari 18
Edmundo 19
Mazzola Altafini 20
Vava 21
Liminha 22
Dudu 2015- 23

"You guys foreigners". I believe that half of the users who commented this post are from Brazil and I always get help from a Brazilian user when creating a Brazilian all star team. The criteria used in this website are different from yours. The importance with the Brazil national team doesn't matter in the selection of players for a club, even less when the club had huge success. Therefore, guys like Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo and Cafu make no sense here given that they had their peak somewhere else. Surely, there are players who spent way more time than them with Palmeiras. Luisinho (Luis Mesquita) is the only name that should be added to the first team. I'll see who can be replaced.

I'm sorry, but in fact Brazilians themselves are often unaware of the historical context of the achievements. It is necessary to remember that even today the country is not developed, imagine 50 years ago. The national championship did not exist and what measured the club's greatness were the regional championships, remembering that a state in Brazil is equivalent to a European country, today no longer because the players leave here early. This also helps to explain why, for example, the statement you say about rivaldo and roberto carlos doesn't make sense: their statistics for the club are close to those of their peak, both in Europe. Every Palmeiras fan chooses Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo IN HIS INITIAL 11. In my opinion, the criteria you use doesn't make sense, because if that were the case, there would have to be half of the current team, which is the period of greatest national and continental dominance in the club's history. And why don't they do it? Because this would weaken the all star team, considering that today only third and fourth-tier players play in South American football, with the exception of dudu, veiga, gomez, weverton (at most second-tier). That's why it must be a mix of time for the club, titles (with the appropriate historical context), but also TALENT and representation for the fans (that's where the Brazilian national team comes into this). It is quite obvious that a World Cup player affirms the club's greatness, and this needs to be taken into consideration. Furthermore, it's clear that Jair Rosa has to be there, even because he played for the club as a midfielder(8), which is why he doesn't have significant goal scores, but he gave the game dynamic, and he's fighting for a place in the starting 11. Servilio is also undisputed among the 23. Humberto is possibly the club's greatest meteoric talent along with Heitor, he has the highest goal average in the club's history, and even returned from Italy to win his first national title, and It lost space after that because our players are relapsed after some time, and also because of the arrival of Vava. You also have the habit of saying that the peak of Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos were in Europe because you don't watch Brazilian football and also because you are used to thinking that the peak happens there, but even two decades ago the players left here ready and at their peak. Look at Rivaldo's goal average, for example, and compare it with his at Barcelona. Cafu, for example, had its peak in São Paulo. Roberto, for example, leaves here at the age of 22 already kicking ass, two-time champion of São Paulo and two-time Brazilian champion, which would already be gigantic in itself´, but in addition it is part of breaking the title drought of 1993, perhaps the most important moment of the club's history. His non-call-up for the 1994 World Cup was extremely criticized at the time. Exactly all of this applies to Rivaldo, with the difference that he arrives 1 year later and remains on the legendary 1996 team. Cafu is certainly in the reserves as he was part of the legendary 100-goal attack of the 1996 team, which all fans, including those of rivals, salute him to this day. From that team I also put djalminha in the reserves. The others do not have the talent-time at the club-representation mix to be there, unlike Rivaldo, Cafu and Djalminha. Not today, today players leave here aged 18-20, not yet in their prime. I said all this because I read reservations above regarding considering series games to the detriment of games from the São Paulo and Rio SP championships, which is ABSOLUTELY WRONG AND WITHOUT ANY HISTORICAL SENSE, in addition to making no competitive sense either due to the number of great players in these championships.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:06 pm

Just to make it clear, I said about the country's development because there were no material, logistical or ROAD conditions to have a national championship before. Pointing out some spelling errors, in "sao paulo championship" I am actually referring to the "campeonato paulista". Furthermore, one thing needs to be clarified: here in the country, for a long time there was the Brazilian championship of state teams, with each state being its own team with a mixture of clubs from the states, and only the states of Rio and SP won(Minas Gerais won only one). This shows that, in addition to Brazil having the largest number of great players in the world, by far, during the years 40-50-60-70-80-90-2000, half of these players can be considered to have been in clubs in Rio and half in clubs in São Paulo, approximately. This is clear with Chinesinho, Tupazinho, Tostao(!!!), Tesourinha, Oreco, and many others who left their states to play in Rio and São Paulo.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:52 pm

This also helps to explain why, for example, the statement you say about rivaldo and roberto carlos doesn't make sense: their statistics for the club are close to those of their peak, both in Europe. Every Palmeiras fan chooses Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo IN HIS INITIAL 11.

I've always considered the fans choices for best ever teams and so on very debatable. You have no idea how many times I stumbled upon laughable fans best XI when working on all star teams. And I'm referring to world football as a whole. To clear things even more with an example: from a fan perspective I would consider Ronaldo for Inter's first team and I'm confident that most Inter fans would do the same. But the team has had enough players who accomplished more than him. The same goes for Palmeiras (and many others Brazilian teams). The team has had a lot of players who spent more years at the club and accomplished more than the players you suggested. But do I have to add them only because they are Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo when this team really doesn't need them?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next