Captain: Zico | Domingos da Guia | Zizinho
Short free kick: Zico | Júnior
Long free kick: Júnior
Free kick 2: Zizinho
Right corner: Zico | Júnior
Left corner: Zico | Júnior
Penalty: Zico | Romário | Júnior

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:36 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Hello,

Some changes I would do are:

Goalkeepers:

Ubaldo Fillol in the reserves because of his size in football he cannot be ignored.
Diego Alves in the reserves

Defenders:

Gamarra in the reserves
Leonardo was left back in Flamengo not midfielder
Rafinha in the reserves
Filipe Luis maybe between the 23 because of his size in football compared to Jordan

Midfielders:

Petkovic in the 23 for sure, he cannot be out
Ronaldinho Gaúcho in the reserves
Sócrates in the reserves
Éverton Ribeiro between the reserves

Atackers:
Adriano in the 23 also, he is one of the biggest idols of Flamengo (replacing easily Joel or Julio Cesar)
Sávio in the reserves
Gabriel Barbosa in the reserves
Bruno Henrique in the reserves

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Hello,

Goalkeepers:

Ubaldo Fillol in the reserves because of his size in football he cannot be ignored.

Defenders:

Gamarra in the reserves
Rafinha in the reserves
Filipe Luis maybe between the 23 because of his size in football compared to Jordan

Midfielders:

Sócrates in the reserves

Atackers:
Adriano in the 23 also, he is one of the biggest idols of Flamengo (replacing easily Joel or Julio Cesar)
Sávio in the reserves

I'm personally against having more than four goalkeepers in reserves. Therefore I'd choose Diego Alves over Fillol since he played more matches and won titles but I'd honestly wait for Alves too.
Rafinha in reserves and Filipe Luís even in the first squad for having played one season? Who knows if they'd even be still in Flamengo at the end of 2020? I would definitely wait to add them at all.
Dejan Petković was an international and won a championship but he played one season in Flamengo plus two more at the end of his career. I believe that he should stay as reserve.
Ronaldinho had one great season but I don't think that's enough. Sócrates played only 11 Série A games, so I don't think he's eligible for this team. Éverton Ribeiro may be considered though.
Adriano scored 49 goals in over 100 matches and Sávio also played a lot in his early career. In my opinion they could be added. On the other hand, I'd wait for Bruno Henrique and Gabriel Barbosa. They surely had a first incredible season but it's still early for them to be added in my opinion.

Last edited by Interista93 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:57 pm

You want to replace Jordan who played 589 games for Flamengo with Filipe Luis who has played 30? Just because he’s more famous (entirely because of things he achieved at Atleti, not Flamengo)?

Same with Fillol, he only played one season, there is no reason for him to be here. His “size in football” is represented by him being in River AS and Argentina AS, two teams he is a legend for. And Socrates too for that matter. Putting them here is like putting Buffon in reserves of PSG AS or Ronaldo in Milan AS, it makes no sense.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
Hello,

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Gamarra in the reserves
Rafinha in the reserves

Midfielders:

Sócrates in the reserves

Atackers:
Sávio in the reserves

I'm personally against having more than four goalkeepers in reserves. Therefore I'd choose Diego Alves over Fillol since he played more matches and won titles but I'd honestly wait for Alves too.
Rafinha in reserves and Filipe Luís even in the first squad for having played one season? Who knows if they'd even be still in Flamengo at the end of 2020? I would definitely wait to add them at all.
Dejan Petković was an international and won a championship but he played one season in Flamengo plus two more at the end of his career. I believe that he should stay as reserve.
Ronaldinho had one great season but I don't think that's enough. Sócrates played only 11 Série A games, so I don't think he's eligible for this team. Éverton Ribeiro may be considered though.
Adriano scored 49 goals in over 100 matches and Sávio also played a lot in his early career. In my opinion they could be added. On the other hand, I'd wait for Bruno Henrique and Gabriel Barbosa. They surely had a first incredible season but it's still early for them to be added in my opinion.

fully relevant comments, I really hope that some Moderator or the owner of the topic will see this and change accordingly.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:49 am

I would but it’s not as easy as that. It’s better to wait for someone that knows enough about Brazilian football to verify those changes, especially when it concerns changing players in the first team.

I would be happy with adding Éverton Ribeiro and Sávio to the reserves but I don’t know enough to consider moving Petković or Adriano to the first team. I know that Petković is considered a Flamengo legend but there are guys there that spent 10+ years at the club and won many more trophies than him.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:58 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
I would but it’s not as easy as that. It’s better to wait for someone that knows enough about Brazilian football to verify those changes, especially when it concerns changing players in the first team.

I would be happy with adding Éverton Ribeiro and Sávio to the reserves but I don’t know enough to consider moving Petković or Adriano to the first team. I know that Petković is considered a Flamengo legend but there are guys there that spent 10+ years at the club and won many more trophies than him.

Fully agree with this statement here. I'd actually add Gabriel Barbosa to reserves because of his contribution to the Copa Libertadores last year (+ since he signed permanent deal until 2024, he'll most likely add more games/goals in the next years) but I'm totally against adding Fillol, Filipe Luis, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Socrates.
As Stuart said already: Those players have their deserved places in other AS teams, there's no need to have them here as well.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:30 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
StuartBannigan wrote:

Fully agree with this statement here. I'd actually add Gabriel Barbosa to reserves because of his contribution to the Copa Libertadores last year (+ since he signed permanent deal until 2024, he'll most likely add more games/goals in the next years) but I'm totally against adding Fillol, Filipe Luis, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Socrates.
As Stuart said already: Those players have their deserved places in other AS teams, there's no need to have them here as well.

I would put Gabriel and Bruno Henrique, even though they only played one season, this one was memorable, winning the most important title in America with one being top scorer and one being the best player. I believe that Adriano's entry in the 23 initials is necessary, he started at Flamengo base and returned to win the Brazilian League. As much as he doesn't have as many numbers as others there, he was champion and protagonist in a difficult time for Flamengo, and being a character that practically embodies the "Flamenguista" spirit. For those who were born in the 90s here, saw Adriano win after a long time and representing the shirt.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Is the Julio Cesar in the first team here Julio Cesar da Silva Gurjol?

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Quote:
Is the Julio Cesar in the first team here Julio Cesar da Silva Gurjol?

I think that it is.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am

Team updated.
In my opinion Júnior Baiano deserved a place in the first team more than Francisco Reyes. Even though Baiano played for Flamengo in three different periods, he appeared over 300 times and won several titles.
Carlinhos was considered one of the best players in Brazil and just unlucky to cap for the national team only once because in that period it seems that mainly players of Botafogo and Santos were called up. The player to replace was easily Júlio César Uri Geller, who played 134 matches and scored 10 goals, not that big deal in my opinion. I don't even know if leaving him in the squad at all but I'll wait replies.
I also thought about replacing Sinforiano García with Gilmar but I wasn't too sure. Again, I'll wait for responses.
Regarding the reserves, I agree about Bruno Henrique, Éverton Ribeiro, Gabriel Barbosa and Sávio.
Any suggestion?

Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Ok, I understood the criteria for be added in the team.

But Adriano has to be in. I know he played just a few games and the stats goals/games is not so impressive (most because when he was a newbie in the club he made just a few goals in many games he entered as a substitute).

Some things should be considered, instead of only longevity in the club.

Nowadays, Brazillians clubs have difficulties to keep their best players, as the Europeans clubs has much more money. So, players from the past will be always in advantage.

Also, I good example is the great Flamengo of 2019. Willian Arão were the most contest player between the 11 and guess who is present in all titles and has more games for Flamengo. Yes, it is him (PS: I like Willian Arão as a player).

So, I believe some players has to be added for being iconic for the clubs, even have played less than others.

It is only my opinion. :D

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

I get your point. However, longevity is important when you have many players who appeared hundreds of times for a club and maybe even won trophies.
I agree that Willian Arão would be a good addition to the reserves. Who would you replace though?

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:38 pm

No, I wouldnt put Willian Arão in the team.

I was just giving an example. The worst player of the 2019's team is the one who has more games for the club and Arão is still playing in Flamengo.

Gérson (the other midfielder) that made a few more than 100 games for Flamengo and were more important during those iconic titles in 2019 is not playing for Flamengo anymore. Simply because he is better and was sold.

If you ask for the supporters of Flamengo, guess who they would choose for adding? Would be Gérson for sure.

Sorry for my poor English.

Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:01 pm
Profile WWW

Other things that is important to notice:

Jordan were left back not midfielder.

Athirson left back in Flamengo also.

Which Jayme de Almeida is this one? Jaime de Almeida father (with "i") were midfilder, Jayme de Almeida son (with "y") were center back. I think the father were better.

Rodrigues Neto were also left back. :lol:

Tita were attacking midfielder, it is correct. But played mainly as winger in Flamengo. One reason he left Flamengo were that he would like to play in his position as a number 10 but Zico was the owner of the position.

De Arrascaeta can be added between the reserves

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next