Captain: Ezequiel Unsain | Néstor Benítez
Short free kick: Jorge Galleguillo
Long free kick: Jorge Galleguillo
Free kick 2: Marcelo Benítez
Right corner: Jorge Galleguillo
Left corner: Jorge Galleguillo
Penalty: Nicolás Fernández

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:22 pm

Just a few notes. Ciro Rius is a forward, not a midfielder, and Arias should only have the Chilean flag, he played 15 games for the Chile National Team so he can't be considered Argentinian anymore.

In my opinion, manager should be Beccacece instead of Crespo and Frías can be replaced in the best-ever XI. Some players that should be in consideration to be put at least in reserves are Braian Romero, M. de la Fuente, and Horacio Milozzi. Other inclusions can be Guillermo Hernando, Fernando Pellegrino, Héctor Cardozo, or Arturo Ayala.

Spoiler: show
I recommend to read "Sin pasado no hay presente: historia de Defensa y Justicia", it's online and free

Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:03 am

Nacho1605 wrote:
Just a few notes. Ciro Rius is a forward, not a midfielder, and Arias should only have the Chilean flag, he played 15 games for the Chile National Team so he can't be considered Argentinian anymore.

In my opinion, manager should be Beccacece instead of Crespo and Frías can be replaced in the best-ever XI. Some players that should be in consideration to be put at least in reserves are Braian Romero, M. de la Fuente, and Horacio Milozzi. Other inclusions can be Guillermo Hernando, Fernando Pellegrino, Héctor Cardozo, or Arturo Ayala.

I recommend to read "Sin pasado no hay presente: historia de Defensa y Justicia", it's online and free

I'm aware that Rius' primary position is right-winger, but he can also play in midfield. There are other teams with wingers included among the midfielders.
Arias represented Chile for the first time in 2018, which means he was Argentinian for most part of his spell with Defensa y Justicia.
I can agree with replacing Crespo with Beccacece who has a lot more matches and built up the team that became one of the top ones in Argentina.
I was already aware of all the players you suggested. Romero had a solid but too short spell. The same goes for Cardozo. Although he scored Defensa's first goal, that's not enough. De La Fuente (I guess he may replace Frías in the best XI) and Milozzi are already in the team. Hernando and Pellegrino are valid choices, but the goalkeepers I included in the reserves were more important for the club's history. Arturo Ayala is one I took into consideration.

Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:13 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Nacho1605 wrote:

I'm aware that Rius' primary position is right-winger, but he can also play in midfield. There are other teams with wingers included among the midfielders.
Arias represented Chile for the first time in 2018, which means he was Argentinian for most part of his spell with Defensa y Justicia.
I can agree with replacing Crespo with Beccacece who has a lot more matches and built up the team that became one of the top ones in Argentina.
I was already aware of all the players you suggested. Romero had a solid but too short spell. The same goes for Cardozo. Although he scored Defensa's first goal, that's not enough. De La Fuente (I guess he may replace Frías in the best XI) and Milozzi are already in the team. Hernando and Pellegrino are valid choices, but the goalkeepers I included in the reserves were more important for the club's history. Arturo Ayala is one I took into consideration.

Fairs, thanks for claryfing. I don't agree is about Romero; despite his short spell he is probably Defensa's most determinant player ever. I would think most Defensa fans would agree with that. And I don't think De La Fuente is best XI material either though, but it would be fair if you put him.

I don't remember seeing Rius playing in the midfield. The furthest back I've seen him play was as a SS at most. Nonetheless there are only 5 starting forwards, maybe he can be changed positions to have a similar amount of midfielders.

Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Nacho1605 wrote:
Fairs, thanks for claryfing. I don't agree is about Romero; despite his short spell he is probably Defensa's most determinant player ever. I would think most Defensa fans would agree with that. And I don't think De La Fuente is best XI material either though, but it would be fair if you put him.

I don't remember seeing Rius playing in the midfield. The furthest back I've seen him play was as a SS at most. Nonetheless there are only 5 starting forwards, maybe he can be changed positions to have a similar amount of midfielders.

De La Fuente is one of the defenders with most appearances for Defensa and he's well regarded by club and fans. I believe he can stay in the best XI.
Actually, Romero can be added. Surely, there has to be someone who can be replaced in the reserves.
Would you put Rius in the best XI as right-winger? Both Moles and Fernández are big names but I don't like much the current line-up. I'd rather have two wingers.

Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:39 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Nacho1605 wrote:

De La Fuente is one of the defenders with most appearances for Defensa and he's well regarded by club and fans. I believe he can stay in the best XI.
Actually, Romero can be added. Surely, there has to be someone who can be replaced in the reserves.
Would you put Rius in the best XI as right-winger? Both Moles and Fernández are big names but I don't like much the current line-up. I'd rather have two wingers.

I'd rather stay with two strikers, Moles and Fernández should not be changed. Maybe a 4-4-2 formation without Bartelemi and with Stefanutti

And if you ask me about a right-winger I'd still say Romero :lol:

Last edited by Nacho1605 on Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:46 pm

And I understand you might not want to put B. Romero in the team but there are some players in here who played for a short amount of time too and haven't accomplished half the things Romero has for Defensa.
For example, Romero is 10 times more worthy of a starting spot than Lucero.

Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]