CF ROMERO

Captain: Julián Maidana
Short free kick: Daniel Willington
Long free kick: Daniel Willington
Free kick 2: José Daniel Valencia
Right corner: Daniel Willington
Left corner: Daniel Willington
Penalty: Humberto Bravo

Last edited by Nacho1605 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:10 am

Hey, thanks for the team! I had it ready for quite some days, so I give some suggestions.

Coach should be Roberto Saporiti. I know Gareca won the Copa Conmebol but Saporiti coached the team in multiple occasions including in 1977, the club's best ever season.

I agree about the goalkeepers. The only change should be Hugo Serra, historic keeper of the 1950s and 1960s, in reserves instead of Rubén Guibaudo who played only a few years.

Defenders Daniel Kesman and Horacio Humoller can be moved to reserves. Left back Domingo Bertolino is a must here as he made over 300 appearances throughout the 1930s and early 1940s and he's regarded as one of the club's most iconic players. Centre back Víctor Binello has also to be in the first team as he played over 200 matches and was part of the legendary 1977 team.
Héctor Ártico was a midfielder and can be moved to reserves anyway. He spent only a few seasons in the early 1970s. The team needs a back-up right back for Victorio Ocaño, so Gustavo Lillo is the best choice as he was part of the 1999 Copa Conmebol winning team.

I know Pablo Guiñazú is well regarded but in my opinion that's mostly likely due to his previous career period. At Talleres he was in his last years. If he was a nobody when he joined Talleres, I'm sure he wouldn't be remembered as he is. Humberto Taborda instead was a key midfielder during the 1960s and 1970s, playing over 200 games and scoring 53 goals.

What is Tarantini doing here? He spent at Talleres only a small part of the 1979 season. Juan Cruz Komar seems also off. He played several seasons on loan and judging by the statistics, he was often a back-up. The same can be said about Julio Buffarini who played as a youngster only in second and third division.
I miss right back from 1995 to 2000 David Ignacio Díaz, legend Andrés Kasparián who played in the late 1950s and early 1960s, Abel Montoya who is another legend of the 1960s, Rafael Pavón who played from 1978 to 1982.

Who is this José Luis Villarreal? If he's the international who played for Boca Juniors, then he never played for Talleres. Antonio Apud, Agustín Comelles, Adrián Ávalos and Héctor Chazarreta didn't play much. Instead, I miss 1940s legends Fernando Belucci and Héctor Calderón, 1950s legends Nicolás Jorge Campos and Atilio Willington, 1960s legend Francisco Armenante and, as I said, Héctor Ártico should be moved here.

The forwards lack of many iconic legends: Horacio Bustos scored 95 goals in the 1940s, Pedro Farías 84 in the 1930s, Amable López 77 in the 1950s, Orfilio Pinaroli 67 in the 1940s and 1950s, Horacio Salvatelli 62 in 88 matches in the 10s and 20s, Juan Francisco Prax only 30 but he was a right winger who spent 15 seasons in the 10s and 20s. Roberto Oste, Gonzalo Klusener, Claudio Riaño, Diego Valoyes, Juan Carlos Ruiz Díaz, Roberto Ortiz, José Luis Pochettino and Carlos Godoy are all replaceable.

Anyway, here's my version of the team in case you want a better view:

Spoiler: show
C.A. Talleres All Stars

Coach: :ARG: Roberto SAPORITI

GOALKEEPERS:

:ARG: Héctor BALEY
:ARG: Mario CUENCA

DEFENDERS:

:ARG: Eduardo ASTUDILLO
:ARG: Domingo BERTOLINO
:ARG: Víctor BINELLO
:ARG: Luis GALVÁN
:ARG: Gustavo LILLO
:ARG: Julián MAIDANA
:ARG: Victorio OCAÑO

MIDFIELDERS:

:ARG: Ángel BOCANELLI
:ARG: Diego GARAY
:ARG: Luis LUDUEÑA
:ARG: Miguel OVIEDO
:ARG: Humberto TABORDA
:ARG: José Daniel VALENCIA
:ARG: Daniel WILLINGTON

FORWARDS:

:ARG: Mario BEVILACQUA
:ARG: Humberto BRAVO
:ARG: Ricardo CHERINI
:ARG: Rogelio CUELLO
:ARG: José REINALDI
:ARG: Miguel ROMERO
:ARG: José ZELAYA

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

:ARG: Gustavo IRUSTA
:ARG: Alfonso PAOLUCCI
:ARG: Oscar QUIROGA
:ARG: Hugo SERRA

DEFENDERS:

:ARG: David Ignacio DÍAZ
:ARG: Horacio HUMOLLER
:ARG: Andrés KASPARIÁN
:ARG: Daniel KESMAN
:ARG: Cristian MANFREDI
:ARG: Abel MONTOYA
:ARG: Mario OBULGEN
:ARG: Rafael PAVÓN
:ARG: Miguel PONCE
:ARG: Daniel RIQUELME
:PAR: Catalino RIVAROLA
:ARG: Víctor SOTOMAYOR

MIDFIELDERS:

:ARG: Daniel ALBORNÓS
:ARG: Francisco ARMENANTE
:ARG: Héctor ÁRTICO
:ARG: Fernando BELUCCI
:ARG: Andrés CABRERA
:ARG: Héctor CALDERÓN
:ARG: Nicolás Jorge CAMPOS
:ARG: Roberto CORTÉZ
:ARG: Pablo GUIÑAZÚ
:ARG: Ángel HOYOS
:ARG: Javier VILLARREAL
:ARG: Atilio WILLINGTON

FORWARDS:

:ARG: Antonio ALDERETE
:ARG: Rodrigo ASTUDILLO
:ARG: Horacio BUSTOS
:ARG: Pedro FARÍAS
:ARG: Antonio GAMBINO
:ARG: Carlo GUERINI
:ARG: Amable LÓPEZ
:ARG: Ernesto PIERI
:ARG: Orfilio PINAROLI
:ARG: Juan Francisco PRAX
:ARG: Horacio SALVATELLI
:ARG: Óscar TEDINI

THE BEST EVER XI

GK BALEY
CB GALVÁN ©
CB MAIDANA
RB OCAÑO
LB BERTOLINO
DMF LUDUEÑA
CMF WILLINGTON
AMF VALENCIA
RWF BRAVO
LWF REINALDI
CF ROMERO

Captain: Luis Galván | Julián Maidana
Short free kick: Daniel Willington
Long free kick: Daniel Willington
Free kick 2: José Daniel Valencia
Right corner: Daniel Willington
Left corner: Daniel Willington
Penalty: Humberto Bravo

INFO:
https://anotandofutbol.blogspot.com/201 ... -1_14.html
https://www.clubtalleres.com.ar/categor ... istoricos/

Last edited by Interista93 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi! I'm sorry, I didn't know you had it ready, I just thought I could make it since some teams were missing and I needed one for Talleres for a project I'm working on.

I talked a lot with Talleres fans and tried to make this team as broad as I could; I'm 100% aware of some players missing and I will try to add them.

Apart from statistics I also worked with fans' thoughts so I didn't make this team solely on numbers but more as a general consensus, that's why I don't agree with moving Kesman and Humoller to reserves. Héctor Ártico was a midfielder for most of his career but for Talleres at least (1969-1974 & 1982), he played almost all games as a center-back, for he is especially remembered as Luis Galván's partner in 1974. I also agree that the team needs a back-up right back and that Gustavo Lillo is the best choice, I might remove Kesman although I didn't want at first.

Regarding Pablo Guiñazú, most people consider him Talleres' biggest idol in the 21st century, but I do know that he didn't play much compared to other midfielders so I think it's fair to send him to reserves and add Humberto Taborda on the first team.

Tarantini and Komar do seem off, I made a mistake in there now that I realize, same as José Luis Villarreal who I mistook for another player. I don't agree about Julio Buffarini though, he has to stay in the team 100%.

Talleres is a big team, they have been around for a long time, won a lot of trophies in their province and also managed to take part in some important international tournaments (one of them which they've won), but they also suffered from really bad times, and as far as I'm concerned, there are much more fans fond of the players that helped them overcome that situation than they are with their better teams throughout history, and that's the main reason I added players like Klusener, Valoyes, Riaño or Guiñazú.
These last years have really exalted the figure of Klusener, since the fans consider him the most responsible for the return of Talleres to Primera. The same applies to Riaño to a lesser degree. Regarding Valoyes, he is the biggest banner of a Talleres that broke all records in the province of Córdoba, being their top scorer since their return to Primera and helping them get a place in (for now) the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores 2022, something that no other team in the history of Talleres had achieved.

I will add most of those players you recommend and I might have overlooked them.

Here's the first version of the team before editing, so it doesn't disappear once I change this:

Spoiler: show
C.A. Talleres All Stars

Coach: :ARG: Ricardo GARECA

GOALKEEPERS:

:ARG: Héctor BALEY
:ARG: Mario CUENCA

DEFENDERS:

:ARG: Victorio OCAÑO
:ARG: Julián MAIDANA
:ARG: Luis GALVÁN
:ARG: Daniel KESMAN
:ARG: Héctor ÁRTICO
:ARG: Horacio HUMOLLER
:ARG: Eduardo ASTUDILLO

MIDFIELDERS:

:ARG: Miguel Ángel OVIEDO
:ARG: Pablo GUIÑAZÚ
:ARG: Ángel BOCANELLI
:ARG: Diego GARAY
:ARG: Luis LUDUEÑA
:ARG: Daniel VALENCIA
:ARG: Daniel WILLINGTON

STRIKERS:

:ARG: Humberto BRAVO
:ARG: Miguel ROMERO
:ARG: Mario BEVILACQUA
:ARG: José Alfredo ZELAYA
:ARG: José Omar REINALDI
:ARG: Rogelio CUELLO
:ARG: Ricardo CHERINI

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

:ARG: Oscar QUIROGA
:ARG: Alfonso PAOLUCCI
:ARG: Gustavo IRUSTA
:ARG: Rubén GUIBAUDO

DEFENDERS:

:ARG: Alberto TARANTINI
:ARG: Gustavo LILLO
:ARG: Víctor Hugo SOTOMAYOR
:ARG: Domingo BERTOLINO
:ARG: Miguel PONCE
:PAR: Catalino RIVAROLA
:ARG: Fernando CLEMENTZ
:ARG: Juan Cruz KOMAR
:ARG: Víctor BINELLO
:ARG: Julio BUFFARINI
:ARG: Daniel RIQUELME

MIDFIELDERS:

:ARG: Daniel ALBORNÓS
:ARG: Javier VILLARREAL
:ARG: José Luis VILLARREAL
:ARG: Andrés CABRERA
:ARG: Ángel Guillermo HOYOS
:ARG: Antonio APUD
:ARG: Agustín COMELLES
:ARG: Adrián ÁVALOS
:ARG: Héctor CHAZARRETA
:ARG: Humberto TABORDA
:ARG: Roberto CORTEZ

STRIKERS:

:ARG: Roberto OSTE
:ARG: Antonio ALDERETE
:ARG: Ernesto PIERI
:ARG: Gonzalo KLUSENER
:ARG: Claudio RIAÑO
:COL: Diego VALOYES
:PAR: Juan Carlos RUIZ DIAZ
:ARG: Roberto ORTIZ
:ARG: José Luis POCHETTINO
:ARG: Antonio GAMBINO
:ARG: Óscar TEDINI
:ARG: Carlos GODOY
:ARG: Rodrigo ASTUDILLO

THE BEST EVER XI:

GK CUENCA
CB GALVÁN
CB MAIDANA ©
LB OCAÑO
RB ASTUDILLO
DMF OVIEDO
CMF LUDUEÑA
AMF/LMF VALENCIA
AMF WILLINGTON
CF BRAVO
CF ROMERO

Captain: Maidana
Short free kick: Willington
Long free kick: Willington
Free kick 2: Valencia
Right corner: Willington
Left corner: Willington
Penalty: Bravo

Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:17 pm

:SUD:
Nacho1605 wrote:
Hi! I'm sorry, I didn't know you had it ready, I just thought I could make it since some teams were missing and I needed one for Talleres for a project I'm working on.

I talked a lot with Talleres fans and tried to make this team as broad as I could; I'm 100% aware of some players missing and I will try to add them.

Apart from statistics I also worked with fans' thoughts so I didn't make this team solely on numbers but more as a general consensus, that's why I don't agree with moving Kesman and Humoller to reserves. Héctor Ártico was a midfielder for most of his career but for Talleres at least (1969-1974 & 1982), he played almost all games as a center-back, for he is especially remembered as Luis Galván's partner in 1974. I also agree that the team needs a back-up right back and that Gustavo Lillo is the best choice, I might remove Kesman although I didn't want at first.

Regarding Pablo Guiñazú, most people consider him Talleres' biggest idol in the 21st century, but I do know that he didn't play much compared to other midfielders so I think it's fair to send him to reserves and add Humberto Taborda on the first team.

Tarantini and Komar do seem off, I made a mistake in there now that I realize, same as José Luis Villarreal who I mistook for another player. I don't agree about Julio Buffarini though, he has to stay in the team 100%.

These last years have really exalted the figure of Klusener, since the fans consider him the most responsible for the return of Talleres to Primera. The same applies to Riaño to a lesser degree. Regarding Valoyes, he is the biggest banner of a Talleres that broke all records in the province of Córdoba, being their top scorer since their return to Primera and helping them get a place in (for now) the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores 2022, something that no other team in the history of Talleres had achieved.

I will add most of those players you recommend and I might have overlooked them.

Don't worry. After all, I never mentioned anywhere that I was working on this team. :lol:

I totally understand your criteria. However, most fans usually tend to overlook and in some cases completely ignore the oldest players of a team. Your final result proves that. It's not a surprise if fans don't consider Domingo Bertolino on the same level of importance as Humoller even though Bertolino played way more matches, is regarded as one of Talleres biggest icons and holds the record for most Clásico Cordobés played ─ which should be highly relevant for fans.

If Héctor Ártico has to be among defenders, it's fine. I still believe though that he can be in the reserves. It's true that he started his career in 1969 but he was a first choice only in 1972 and that after he spent a season with city rivals Belgrano ─ this also should be relevant for fans. Then he was sold to River Plate while Víctor Binello made his way on making over 200 appearances and becoming one of the most iconic Talleres players of the 1970s as he was Luis Galván's partner in the historic 1977 campaign.

Klusener and Valoyes can be fine in the reserves but Riaño not really, especially when Talleres had so many icons in the first half of the XX Century. For example, if we don't consider the forwards in the first team ─ who we agree on ─ Horacio Bustos, Pedro Farías and Amable López are the strikers with most goals alongside Antonio Gambino, who is the only one you initially chose to include.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]