Free kick 2: -
Right corner: Sune Andersson
Left corner: Sune Andersson
Penalty: Börje Leander | Sven Andersson

INFO:
https://www.aikfotboll.se/aik-fotboll/historik
http://www.aik.se/fotboll/statistik/player.php?who=all
http://www.aik.se/fotboll/historik/500a ... larna.html

Last edited by Interista93 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Some missing names: Bernt Ljung (GK, 134 matches, saved three penalties when AIK won the Swedish cup final in 1985), Sune Andersson (I don't think I have to say much here, by far the best midfielder to ever play for AIK, in general one of the greatest Swedish players of all time), Bror Mellberg, Helge Ekroth (one of the best attackers in AIK history + one of the first stars of Swedish football + the only AIK player to win four Swedish championships), Knut Nilsson (captain of the AIK team that won three championships between 1911 and 1916), Rune Bergström, Theodor Malm or Karl Ansén..
Btw, Börje Leander was primarily a defender (surely the best one in AIK history), not a midfielder and never played as CMF. I also don't understand why you put him as FK taker but not PK taker: he was very reliable PK taker (therefore he should be regular PK taker of this team) but as far as I know, he wasn't famed for beeing a good FK taker..
+Per Kaufeldt surely needs to be captain..
Fantastic site about this team btw:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:36 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Some missing names: Bernt Ljung (GK, 134 matches, saved three penalties when AIK won the Swedish cup final in 1985), Sune Andersson (I don't think I have to say much here, by far the best midfielder to ever play for AIK, in general one of the greatest Swedish players of all time), Bror Mellberg, Helge Ekroth (one of the best attackers in AIK history + one of the first stars of Swedish football + the only AIK player to win four Swedish championships), Knut Nilsson (captain of the AIK team that won three championships between 1911 and 1916), Rune Bergström, Theodor Malm or Karl Ansén..
Btw, Börje Leander was primarily a defender (surely the best one in AIK history), not a midfielder and never played as CMF. I also don't understand why you put him as FK taker but not PK taker: he was very reliable PK taker (therefore he should be regular PK taker of this team) but as far as I know, he wasn't famed for beeing a good FK taker..
+Per Kaufeldt surely needs to be captain..
Fantastic site about this team btw:

I read from that site some infos of players I found somewhere else.
I didn't check all 500 players xD
However I will make the changes, thanks!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 pm

As far as I'm aware, Mjällby was a defensive midfielder for AIK, he was only converted to a CB when he joined Celtic. Sven Dahlkvist should replace him in the starting XI IMO.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Don't know the reason for this "update", but the result is hilarious. Per Kaufeldt as third captain only? Putte Kock totally removed from the team despite beeing superior to most players in this team and spending almost his whole career at AIK? Same goes for Helge Ekroth who's one of the best Swedish players of all time and ends up in reserves here?! Knut Nilsson totally removed as well?
Why Sune Andersson was removed and Hamrin still in first team? If Sune is apparently not good enough for this team, then how can Hamrin be in it despite playing even less time for AIK and beeing less important than Andersson (who even won them a Swedish cup by scoring the only goal in the 1949 final)?
But hey, at least we have Mjällby as first team midfielder who had his peak on a different position in a different club in a different country :roll:

And to sum up my reaction while seeing those changes and thinking for possible reasons (that I didn't find), I've chosen some fitting Mourinho pics:

Wed May 13, 2020 4:03 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Don't know the reason for this "update", but the result is hilarious. Per Kaufeldt as third captain only? Putte Kock totally removed from the team despite beeing superior to most players in this team and spending almost his whole career at AIK? Same goes for Helge Ekroth who's one of the best Swedish players of all time and ends up in reserves here?! Knut Nilsson totally removed as well?
Why Sune Andersson was removed and Hamrin still in first team? If Sune is apparently not good enough for this team, then how can Hamrin be in it despite playing even less time for AIK and beeing less important than Andersson (who even won them a Swedish cup by scoring the only goal in the 1949 final)?
But hey, at least we have Mjällby as first team midfielder who had his peak on a different position in a different club in a different country :roll:

Yes, those players were the best players in Sweden at the time and among the best Swedish players of all time. However, weren't you the one who said multiple times that a player greatness in the national team shouldn't effect their club performances?
If you check Putte Kock, he played for AIK from 1918 to 1928. A club in those years could play an average number of 10 games per season and that if the team won the title every single year. In this decade AIK won only one title. So it's understandable that, despite Kock playing 37 games in total for Sweden, he only played 32 official matches for AIK and scored 6 goals. So yeah, Kock surely was superior to most players in the team, but how could you add a player with not even 40 matches for the team in the first squad? I would understand if he played at least twice the number of the games he actually played. Although in my opinion, as much great as a player could've been, it's hard for me to consider him for the first team when there are plenty of players who appeared dozens or hundreds of times and won several titles.
The same can be said for Ekroth. One of the greatest, yes, but what are the reported numbers of games and goals for AIK? 15 and 18. Moreover, as far as I can see both Kock and Ekroth aren't even included in that "500 most important players" book while some crap players are there for no reason. I can add back Kock to reserves but you can't ask me to add two players with a such poor number of appearances in a first team.
I'll set Per Kaufeldt as main captain and about Sune Andersson, I didn't want to have a too offensive midfield but since he can play also as defensive midfielder, I guess it's fair to add him back instead of Mjällby.
I hope that my explanation is satisfying and thanks for the feedback.

Wed May 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

Yes, those players were the best players in Sweden at the time and among the best Swedish players of all time. However, weren't you the one who said multiple times that a player greatness in the national team shouldn't effect their club performances?
If you check Putte Kock, he played for AIK from 1918 to 1928. A club in those years could play an average number of 10 games per season and that if the team won the title every single year. In this decade AIK won only one title. So it's understandable that, despite Kock playing 37 games in total for Sweden, he only played 32 official matches for AIK and scored 6 goals. So yeah, Kock surely was superior to most players in the team, but how could you add a player with not even 40 matches for the team in the first squad? I would understand if he played at least twice the number of the games he actually played. Although in my opinion, as much great as a player could've been, it's hard for me to consider him for the first team when there are plenty of players who appeared dozens or hundreds of times and won several titles.
The same can be said for Ekroth. One of the greatest, yes, but what are the reported numbers of games and goals for AIK? 15 and 18. Moreover, as far as I can see both Kock and Ekroth aren't even included in that "500 most important players" book while some crap players are there for no reason. I can add back Kock to reserves but you can't ask me to add two players with a such poor number of appearances in a first team.
I'll set Per Kaufeldt as main captain and about Sune Andersson, I didn't want to have a too offensive midfield but since he can play also as defensive midfielder, I guess it's fair to add him back instead of Mjällby.
I hope that my explanation is satisfying and thanks for the feedback.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you serious? Apparently you are so I'll explain it slowly just for you:
Putte Kock didn't only appear in 32 official games for AIK, he played 32 games in Allsvenskan.
And now the news Sherlock: Allsvenskan was first introduced in 1924 and before that there was also football in Sweden.
And now news No. 2: If you would have carefully checked AIK's database, then you would have noticed that there are almost no line-ups available for games before 1924 . This is why Ekroth for example has "only" 15 games and 18 goals in the database.
Of course those guys played way more matches for AIK, they certainly wouldn't have been regular NT players if they had just appeared at 2 or 3 matches per seaso :roll:
And regarding this:

Quote:

Although in my opinion, as much great as a player could've been, it's hard for me to consider him for the first team when there are plenty of players who appeared dozens or hundreds of times and won several titles.

Guess that's why you went with "Kurre" Hamrin in both best XI and first team.
And no, I'm not against Hamrin here, it just doesn't make any sense to exclude Kock and Ekroth for "having only few games" (what's not even true) while including Hamrin on the other hand.

Wed May 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Okay then. Who would you replace for Ekroth and Kock? Maybe Hamrin and one between Beckman and John Nilsson − I'd go for the latter to have Beckman for the right wing since both Ekroth and Kock played on the left. Otherwise the formation might have Carlsson and Ekroth as secondary strikers even though there's already Kurt Andersson as attacking midfielder.

Wed May 13, 2020 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]