It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 PINGA 1930 - 1934 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 646
STATS BY ARTEMDS AND MILOS WITH SUGGESTION FROM ELCAPO

Name: Artur de Sousa

Nickname: "Pinga" "The Pearl of Atlantic"

Image

Country: :POR: Portugal
Club: FC Porto
Position: *SS,CF, AMF
Side: LF/LS
Age: 21-25 years (30/07/1909)

Height: 170 cm
Weight: 72 kg

Attack: 89
Defence: 48
Balance: 74
Stamina: 82
Top Speed: 83
Acceleration: 81
Response: 78
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 91
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 86
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 78
Long Pass Speed: 79
Shot Accuracy: 89
Shot Power: 91
Shot Technique: 84
Free Kick Accuracy: 69
Curling: 70
Header: 71
Jump: 77
Technique: 90
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 86
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 83

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 7
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:

P03: Trickster
P11: Long Ranger
P17: Chasing Back
P18: Talisman
S05: 1 Touch Play


SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - 1 Touch Pass - Long Shot

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Balance

INFO

Spoiler: show
Artur de Sousa, known by his nickname Pinga (July 30, 1909 in Funchal – July 12, 1963 in Porto) was a footballer and later coach who made his name at FC Porto, where he served until his death in 1963.

Pinga played as forward or inside left and achieved nationwide fame at CS Marítimo. In 1930 he earned his first call-up to the national team, and in the same year joined FC Porto, and became the key player of the victories in the 31–32 and 36–37 Campeonato de Portugal (the predecessor to the Cup of Portugal). He was still a playing for Porto when the forerunner of the current Primeira Liga was established. Porto was champion in the first two years of the competition.

He retired in 1946 after a meniscus surgery, when such operations still carried many risks. During his career he was considered the best national player ever, with 394 goals in 400 games. He only played for two clubs, Marítimo and FC Porto. He was capped 21 times for Portugal, scoring 9 goals over 12 years (1930–1942).[2]

In his first season as a football manager, he caused a massive upset when Tirsense knocked out Sporting in the Portuguese Cup. He then managed Sanjoanense and Gouveia before returning to FC Porto as assistant manager.

He died in 1963, while serving as a youth team coach in Porto.


Last edited by artemds on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 am
Posts: 366
Location: Šabac, Serbia
I would have some useful suggestions for the set based on the texts that I found on the web.
You can use this picture

Spoiler: show
Image


At the time, in Portuguese league participated 8-10 teams so at the best case, he would play in 18 games + several in the cup, so I'd reduce CON to 4. On the other hand, I agree with CONS 7.
Era should be 1933-1939 which includes his trophy winning seasons and also Bola de Prata trophy.
Height: 170 cm Weight: 72 kg

Quote:
Pinga was unquestionably one of the greatest footballers of his generation. A sharp shooter with a lethal left foot, he was an expert in the feint, with an astute first touch and tight control on the turn, his skillset complemented by a tireless work ethic that made him equally effective in attack and defence.


I think that AGI needs a raise (to 85), to represent well his skills combined with DA. Also, I'd raise TEC to low orange, but lower than DA, which can btw, go point or two up since that was his greatest asset and is described in a lot of texts as amazing.
Also, SPA could go point or two up (he was pretty good at delivering the final pass), and LPA can be raised to high greens (don't know how good he was but I don't think that there should be such a gap between SPA and LPA), while both SPS and LPS should be lowered to low greens.
I think that RES 85 is high for him, high green-low yellows will suit him better.
I haven't read that he was good at tackling so I'd remove the card. And he looks like an ideal player to have Talisman card. And although he was a leader with attitude, maybe his MEN can be lowered.
You can put "The Pearl of Atlantic" among nicknames.


Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 646
Milos wrote:
I would have some useful suggestions for the set based on the texts that I found on the web.
You can use this picture

Spoiler: show
Image


At the time, in Portuguese league participated 8-10 teams so at the best case, he would play in 18 games + several in the cup, so I'd reduce CON to 4. On the other hand, I agree with CONS 7.
Era should be 1933-1939 which includes his trophy winning seasons and also Bola de Prata trophy.
Height: 170 cm Weight: 72 kg

Quote:
Pinga was unquestionably one of the greatest footballers of his generation. A sharp shooter with a lethal left foot, he was an expert in the feint, with an astute first touch and tight control on the turn, his skillset complemented by a tireless work ethic that made him equally effective in attack and defence.


I think that AGI needs a raise (to 85), to represent well his skills combined with DA. Also, I'd raise TEC to low orange, but lower than DA, which can btw, go point or two up since that was his greatest asset and is described in a lot of texts as amazing.
Also, SPA could go point or two up (he was pretty good at delivering the final pass), and LPA can be raised to high greens (don't know how good he was but I don't think that there should be such a gap between SPA and LPA), while both SPS and LPS should be lowered to low greens.
I think that RES 85 is high for him, high green-low yellows will suit him better.
I haven't read that he was good at tackling so I'd remove the card. And he looks like an ideal player to have Talisman card. And although he was a leader with attitude, maybe his MEN can be lowered.
You can put "The Pearl of Atlantic" among nicknames.


To be honest I do not know if a player from Primeira League in "30's" needs oranges values in SA and Tec regarding as you say "At the time, in Portuguese league participated 8-10 teams" , that is way I was a bit conservative.

About LPA and did not find anything it says he was decent, and considering his fearocious SP I thought LPS>LPA.

Maybe the card can be erased, but I read he was kind a Di stefano: a complete player to colaborate in reconvering the ball very comminent that is the reason I gave him Ment at 92 to balance his low sta (82)


Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:26 am
Posts: 2535
Location: Aragua De Barcelona, Venezuela
I'd question the level of Portuguese football back then.


Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 646
El Capo wrote:
I'd question the level of Portuguese football back then.


Yeah, any suggestion?


Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:11 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 am
Posts: 366
Location: Šabac, Serbia
Quote:
To be honest I do not know if a player from Primeira League in "30's" needs oranges values in SA and Tec regarding as you say "At the time, in Portuguese league participated 8-10 teams" , that is way I was a bit conservative.


I didn't say anything about SA. Shooting stats are looking good to me. You can leave DA on 91, but IMO, TEC needs a raise to 89-90 to emphasize these two attributes as his greatest assets comparing to his other abilities.

Quote:
About LPA and did not find anything it says he was decent, and considering his fearocious SP I thought LPS>LPA.


Ok, but I still think that 75 is too low.

Quote:
I'd question the level of Portuguese football back then.


I agree on that, but I have read that he proved on international level, against stronger opponents. After all, he is still considered as one of the best Portuguese players ever. I don't think that he's on the same level as Eusebio, Figo and Ronaldo of course, but I think that he was very good player.


Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:26 am
Posts: 2535
Location: Aragua De Barcelona, Venezuela
I doubt he track backed as much/near as Cavani

Already a striker back then with 40-45 in DEF should do a lot of defensive work compared to the standard lazy forwards of that era.


Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 am
Posts: 366
Location: Šabac, Serbia
I agree about DEF, i suggest high 40's


Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 646
UPDATED.


Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 am
Posts: 366
Location: Šabac, Serbia
Looking good to me now.


Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.