It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Alan MULLERY 1963-1971 

Name: Alan Patrick Mullery

Club: Fulham F.C. (1958-1964), Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (1964-1972)
Position: *CMF, DMF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 175 cm
Weight: 74 kg

Attack: 71
Defence: 80
Balance: 83
Stamina: 90
Top Speed: 82
Acceleration: 84
Response: 85
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 76
Dribble Speed: 79
Short Pass Accuracy: 85
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 83
Long Pass Speed: 78
Shot Accuracy: 73
Shot Power: 86
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 70
Curling: 74
Header: 72
Jump: 73
Technique: 78
Aggression: 75
Mentality: 87
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 85

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 8
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P08 - Box-to-Box
P11 - Long Ranger
P12 - Enforcer
S02 - Passer
S08 - Slide Tackle

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Passing - Middle Shooting - Sliding

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Mullery is a former central or defensive midfielder. He played 412 matches and scored 42 goals for Fulham in two spells ─ from 1958 to 1964 and from 1972 to 1976. Mostly remembered for his time at Tottenham Hotspur, he made there 373 appearances, scoring 30 times, from 1964 to 1972. He gained 35 caps for England and scored once.
Regarded as one of England finest talents, Mullery was a quick player and a hard-worker, gifted with good acceleration, enthusiasm, consistency and energy, moving non-stop for the entire length of the match. He wasn't particularly stylish but instead he was a strong and tough tackler, the dynamic heart of the midfield. Unfortunately, his tackles led him to be the first English player to receive a red card in a full international match. His offensive aggression made him effective also when attacking, thanks to his ability to move smoothly forward with the ball. When he pushed forward, he had the occasional tendency to leave his team uncovered in the back but he had also the ability to gain quickly possession of the ball. His powerful and tremendous shots made him capable to score some exciting goals from long range. He distributed lots of accurate balls with either short passes or deep long ones forward, in addition to his ability to create space for his teammates. He always put an incredible effort in every match, confirmed also by his astute and tactical appreciation of the changing demands that could occure during the 90 minutes.

https://youtu.be/pD7sPuz-hnI Mulley's goal of the season in 1973-74

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm

=> https://footballia.net/players/alan-patrick-mullery
I better don't ask why he doesn't have DMF (despite playing regularly there for both Tottenham and England) as position, 68 for DEF and 83 for STA..
I don't know if you based this set on texts and videos from Fulham games (never seen him there and can't judge him there) but for Tottenham era those stats are definitely wrong.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:06 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I better don't ask why he doesn't have DMF (despite playing regularly there for both Tottenham and England) as position, 68 for DEF and 83 for STA..
I don't know if you based this set on texts and videos from Fulham games (never seen him there and can't judge him there) but for Tottenham era those stats are definitely wrong.

I watched some matches from Footballia and many highlights on YouTube. Are you sure he was DMF and not only CMF? If that's so, should DEF be green and STA like 86-87 since he seemed to play everywhere in the matches. Might he also have the special ability Center, if that applies also for DMF and CMF? I mostly watched matches with England and Tottenham because there were not many videos of him playing with Fulham apart of some games during his late career but I didn't consider them as much as the old matches.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

I watched some matches from Footballia and many highlights on YouTube. Are you sure he was DMF and not only CMF? If that's so, should DEF be green and STA like 86-87 since he seemed to play everywhere in the matches. Might he also have the special ability Center, if that applies also for DMF and CMF?

At England he was definitely DMF, playing as "destroyer" behind Ball, Charlton and Peters. Of course he participated more in building up the game than Stiles but he still was DMF, often used for marking important players of the opponent (like Pelé in 1970). STA definitely needs to be higher, he surely shouldn't be nine points under Stiles for example..
CMF can stay primary position but he definitely needs DMF among positions. Btw, is there any reason for SMF as position?

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:27 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Btw, is there any reason for SMF as position?

Mullery's page on the website World Football says he was also RMF.
However it seemed a bit strange even to me.
If you want I can take that position out.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Updated.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]