Growth type: Late/Lasting

CARDS:
P16 - Fox in the Box
S01 - 1-touch Play
S17 - Scissor Kick

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Post Player - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Crouch is a former centre forward. His career began in 1999. He spent his first two years in English lower leagues and Swedish second division before joining Queens Park Rangers. He then played for Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Norwich City and Southampton. In 20015, he transferred to Liverpool, where he spent three seasons, scoring 42 goals in 134 matches. After decent experiences at Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur, he had his longest spell at Stoke City, making 261 appearances from 2011 to 2019, scoring 62 times. He retired in 2019 after half season at Burnley. He gained 42 caps for England, scoring 22 goals, taking part to the 2006 and 2010 FIFA World Cups.
Crouch was a very tall forward with a slender physique. He still possessed good first time touch, sense of goal, could hold up the ball with his back to goal and link-up well with his teammates. On the other hand, he was criticised for his lack of speed, strength, power and athleticism. Gifted with an excellent heading ability, he holds the records for most headed goals in Premier League history. That was surely helped by his height since he was limited in the air and couldn't out-jump most defenders. He was also renowned for his longevity, hard work, determination and ability to score acrobatic goals with bicycle kicks.

https://youtu.be/fTOkwUy3jpU Crouch top 10 Liverpool goals
https://youtu.be/J0Z-SGeLw2c Crouch England goals
https://youtu.be/pYQ-GqHFMq8 Crouch at Stoke City

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 pm

Feels weird to say this because of the amount of headers he scored, but he has never really been that good in the air to be honest. Almost all of his aerial ability is to do with the fact that he’s about ten foot tall. I don’t think he was ever worth orange levels in heading, I think mid to high yellows would be fine

On the other hand he’s always been surprisingly gifted technically, I think he could get a slight raise in DA and TEC, and his finishing with his feet was probably worth at least 80 SA, and maybe even higher ST, for someone so tall he was really good at acrobatic finishes.

Also I just wanna say that he’s one of the most likeable footballers around. One of the nicest, funniest guys in the game!

Tue May 29, 2018 4:24 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
Feels weird to say this because of the amount of headers he scored, but he has never really been that good in the air to be honest. Almost all of his aerial ability is to do with the fact that he’s about ten foot tall. I don’t think he was ever worth orange levels in heading, I think mid to high yellows would be fine

On the other hand he’s always been surprisingly gifted technically, I think he could get a slight raise in DA and TEC, and his finishing with his feet was probably worth at least 80 SA, and maybe even higher ST, for someone so tall he was really good at acrobatic finishes.

Also I just wanna say that he’s one of the most likeable footballers around. One of the nicest, funniest guys in the game!

Thanks for the suggestions! I raised DA, DS, SA, ST by 2, TEC by 1 and decreased HEA by 1 in both sets.
Yeah, he is so funny and was underrated when he was at Liverpool in my opinion! He is surely one of my favourite strikers of the modern era.

Tue May 29, 2018 10:45 am

2005-2008 75 kg 82 BB , 2011-2015 80 kg 82 BB. + 5 kilos means a heavier person, therefore it is more difficult to knock him down, it's just a law of physics. Please don't give some absurd examples.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:10 am
Profile YIM WWW

hauser wrote:
2005-2008 75 kg 82 BB , 2011-2015 80 kg 82 BB. + 5 kilos means a heavier person, therefore it is more difficult to knock him down, it's just a law of physics. Please don't give some absurd examples.

You're the one giving absurd examples. You have clearly never watched Crouch play. Despite being incredibly tall, he was very thin for a man of his height, and he wasn't notably strong in physical duels, not even after gaining some weight. Check his Konami sets for example: in PES 5 he weighs 70 kg and has BB 82, in PES 2011 84 kg and in PES 2013 75 kg but has BB 81. That shows you how a change of weight doesn't always mean higher or lower BB.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:13 pm

I’m pretty sure a higher weight makes you more difficult to push off the ball anyway so there’s no reason to change the stats.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:06 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
I’m pretty sure a higher weight makes you more difficult to push off the ball anyway so there’s no reason to change the stats.

I think he meant to give him higher BB in the second set, but 5 more kg in a guy as tall as Crouch are barely something, in my opinion. And I don't think he was really stronger in his 30s than he was in his 20s.

Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:14 pm

There's a lot of crap in Konami's data & As a former football player, I know what +5 kilos means. Whether you change the data or not is up to you, I won't bother you anymore.

Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

Is not heavy (pounds) stuff, is about balance, Aguero and Tevez were stronger than taller and heavier players.

Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:17 pm

GamingPass wrote:
Is not heavy (pounds) stuff, is about balance, Aguero and Tevez were stronger than taller and heavier players.

That's the point. Crouch wasn't known for his strength, while those you mentioned were more capable of resisting physical challenges despite being short.

Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:28 pm

GamingPass wrote:
In FIFA there are such data - strength and balance, and in PES both of these are combined in body balance. Crouch does not have a high balance in FIFA, but he has strength. Aguero has high balance and low strength. As a rule, the shorter a man is, the better his balance is, but this does not mean that he is necessarily physically strong. (I mean people of equal data)

Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

hauser wrote:
GamingPass wrote:
In FIFA there are such data - strength and balance, and in PES both of these are combined in body balance. Crouch does not have a high balance in FIFA, but he has strength. Aguero has high balance and low strength. As a rule, the shorter a man is, the better his balance is, but this does not mean that he is necessarily physically strong. (I mean people of equal data)

PES and FIFA are two different games. And I don't think BB was exactly a mix of balance and strength. Konami introduced the Body Control stat in PES 2017 for that reason.
And look at Tévez, for example: BB 90 in PES 5 and 86 in PES 2011, Physical Contact 88 in PES 2017, while Body Control is 70.

Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:45 pm

Interista93 wrote:
hauser wrote:
GamingPass wrote:

PES and FIFA are two different games. And I don't think BB was exactly a mix of balance and strength. Konami introduced the Body Control stat in PES 2017 for that reason.
And look at Tévez, for example: BB 90 in PES 5 and 86 in PES 2011, Physical Contact 88 in PES 2017, while Body Control is 70.
I understand what you mean. I mean up to PES 17, I don't have new PES data in mind. No, my friend, as I mentioned before, the BB in PES is a synthesis of balance and strength, I will give one example, Messi has a balance of 83 and what do you think why? He is not physically strong, only his body balance affected this indicator. Ronaldo has the body of a bodybuilder and is physically strong, his BB is 85, but he falls far more often than Messi. That is, I want to say that in PES, BB is determined by the synthesis of strength and balance (more strength is given priority)

Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

hauser wrote:
I understand what you mean. I mean up to PES 17, I don't have new PES data in mind. No, my friend, as I mentioned before, the BB in PES is a synthesis of balance and strength, I will give one example, Messi has a balance of 83 and what do you think why? He is not physically strong, only his body balance affected this indicator. Ronaldo has the body of a bodybuilder and is physically strong, his BB is 85, but he falls far more often than Messi. That is, I want to say that in PES, BB is determined by the synthesis of strength and balance (more strength is given priority)

You have Messi with an 83 BB in PES 2011 and an astonishing 94 in PES 2016. He then has Physical Contact 81 and Body Control 96 in PES 2017. It's like the 83 BB they gave him in PES 2011 is relatable to that Physical Contact 81 but the 94 in PES 2016 is similar to that Body Control 96. Konami's stats have always been hard to figure out. If I remember correctly, Konami's in-game explanation for Body Balance was simply "how strong a player is".

Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:59 pm

I literally don't understand what's the debate here.

It's the game that complex in the PS2 engine ti give this sense of realistic behavior whenever we rate BB taking in count his weight/height? I certainly doubt it.

Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next