It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Omar EL-NOUR 1963-1966 

Name: Omar El-Nour
Nickname: "al-Ghazal al-Asmar" ("the Brown Deer")

Club: Zamalek SC
Position: *AMF, WF
Side: RF/RS

Height: 175 cm *
Weight: 72 kg *

Attack: 79
Defence: 34
Balance: 71
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 84
Response: 71
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 74
Short Pass Speed: 70
Long Pass Accuracy: 71
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 80
Shot Power: 84
Shot Technique: 84
Free Kick Accuracy: 63
Curling: 67
Header: 75
Jump: 78
Technique: 85
Aggression: 79
Mentality: 78
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 66

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 5
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run
S05 - 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
El-Nour is a former attacking midfielder and right-winger. He started in his native Sudan, playing for Al-Tahrir. He then spent almost his entire career with Egyptian team Zamalek from 1960 to 1974, winning back-to-back national championships in 1963-64 and 1964-65 and captained the team at some point. He retired in 1979 after an experience with Qatar SC. He capped for Sudan in the early 1960s alongside goalkeeper Samir Mohammed Ali who was his teammate at Zamalek, and this was the first time the national team featured players from leagues outside of Sudan.
One of the most prominent players in Sudan's history, El-Nour was distinguished for his agility, superior skill, professional mentality, and great speed that earned him the nickname "Brown Deer". He could play effective with both feet and head, possessed a powerful shot and remarkable scoring sense. His speed advantage allowed him of having a wider vision of the goal. He had a wonderful touch, could score from difficult angles, and he liked to cause confusion in the opposition's defence by manipulating it with his tricky dribbling. After joining Zamalek, El-Nour was first tried in a friendly match against West Ham United and he performed wonderfully. He then played his first official game against Al-Tarsana, scoring 4 goals in a 7-3 win: Al-Tarsana was leading 3-2 when El-Nour showed a tremendous effort and scored 4 times all by himself.

tribute video https://youtu.be/U-Cjfq0691g
vs West Ham United https://youtu.be/2x2vnyfM0wY

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:14 am

After watching the footage you posted i’m sure he’s one of the most gifted African players ever, great job, thank you so much for the set!

do you have any Idea if Bobby Moore was a starter for West Ham on that game against Zamalek? It sure was interesting see him toying around with West Ham’s midfield and defence :lol:

Why such a conservative value for dribble accuracy though? I’m surely biased by his game against West Ham, but I would personally give him at least 90da

Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:18 pm

lizurka wrote:
After watching the footage you posted i’m sure he’s one of the most gifted African players ever, great job, thank you so much for the set!

do you have any Idea if Bobby Moore was a starter for West Ham on that game against Zamalek? It sure was interesting see him toying around with West Ham’s midfield and defence :lol:

Why such a conservative value for dribble accuracy though? I’m surely biased by his game against West Ham, but I would personally give him at least 90da

This may be how I perceived his style, but it seems to me that he relied more into quick footwork and ball control rather than pure dribbling skill, which was remarkable too. I didn't feel like giving him higher stats because despite having a good showing against West Ham, a team that won the Cup Winners' Cup only one year prior, I can imagine that in a friendly match like that the English team didn't put much effort. In fact, reports of the time highlight the fact that while Zamalek dominated most of the match and won 5-1, it was just a friendly where West Ham failed a lot of back passes. Even Bobby Moore, who was a starter, didn't play well. Anyway, I don't think it'd be a mistake to add a couple points in DA, DS and TEC.

Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]